Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridge Day Trip

Posted by Hanleyk1 
Bridge Day Trip
September 21, 2018 09:22AM
Bridge Day Trip Notice!

Okay BWA'ers, Bridge Day this year is on Saturday, October 20th. For info on Bridge Day see the link below, but the short is that people base jump off the New River Bridge for six hours while a couple hundred thousand spectators gather above. Watching from above is okay, but the real show is at the bottom of the gorge. It's difficult to get down there though since the roads are restricted to base jumper shuttles during the event. This also makes it difficult to take out if you're boating the New, so there usually isn't a big crowd of boaters. The crowd is up top, but the best seat in the house is available below.

I have arranged shuttle with Hills To Hills on Saturday. Van and trailer can fit 14 people and 14 boats. If you want in, the cost is $20 which covers your shuttle, a tip for the driver and some cooler supplies (ice, a few basics, you supply the rest). Currently a raft is scheduled to be on this trip as well, so some spots may be available, but no guarantees.

This is typically a really fun day, first boating the NRG, then relaxing with beverages and base jumpers. FYI: The Gauley will be running that weekend too. We try to put on early so we can get to Fayette Station by noon or 1:00-ish. Jumpers stop at 3:00 and our shuttle is scheduled for 3:30. If you want in, SEND ME A TEXT and get your $20 to me as quickly as possible. I want to pay our shuttle bill up front.

NOTE: The New has been running high all year and there is no reason to expect that it will drop to typical moderate late fall levels, although it might. Refunds will be on a case by case basis and dependent on me being able to sell your seat to someone else on short notice. You will be responsible for making your own judgement call about your fitness for the New at whatever level it is running on October 20th.

Now let's go have some fun.

To sign on, send a text to my number (in the image below) and get $20 to me as quickly as you can.

[www.hanleyanddenile.net]

https://officialbridgeday.com/

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Re: Bridge Day Trip
September 21, 2018 09:29AM
My pictures from last year.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WalZUmZvNQ8jubed2

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.