Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BWA Summer Party and Dick Bradfield Ocoee Race dates

Posted by brentaustin 
BWA Summer Party and Dick Bradfield Ocoee Race dates
May 10, 2018 09:44PM
Trying to calendar stuff. When is the BWA party and the race at the Ocoee?
Brent
Re: BWA Summer Party and Dick Bradfield Ocoee Race dates
May 11, 2018 08:31AM
I'll start working on it. May take me a week or so coordinate with other people and get a date set.

Best Regards,

Kyle Koeberlein

President
Bluegrass Wildwater Association, INC
Personal Mobile: (502) 370-1289
BWA Company: (859) 428-8435

Note: BWA number currently rings club president and vice president.
May 11, 2018 08:53AM
Cool. I like the event, and I hope we can party and race with the Vikings. What brought it up is that I see a number of river events that I am already calendaring, such as the Yough race [www.friendsville.org] on July 28 and the Cheoah release on August 4. And, I have other commitments on July 7 and August 18 which would keep me away, but that is the tail wagging the dog. The river conflicts are the bigger issue for paddlers that want to paddle those runs at those times and the UY race and Cheoah are the biggest issues for late summer party and race plans at the Ocoee.
Brent
May 12, 2018 05:07PM
Last year we held it on Aug. 12th but unless there's a sudden change of heart, it'll be Kyle's baby this year. Late July, early to mid-August are all great times for this one but keep in mind, the later in August it gets, the more people will have an issue with schools starting up. Even on the 12th last year, it was an issue for some. Think I'll just sit back and enjoy this one but be happy to point you in the right direction should you need any help.

Bob
May 13, 2018 12:01PM
There will be a showing at the UY race for sure and Cheoah since we only get one Summer release day there this year. Driving back to Ocoee for the race from Cheoah would be hard but doable. Like Brent I would prefer second wkend.

Wes
May 15, 2018 04:52PM
I had plans of getting with Clay and some of the Vikings this weekend to nail down a date. I'll include you guys as well.

Best Regards,

Kyle Koeberlein

President
Bluegrass Wildwater Association, INC
Personal Mobile: (502) 370-1289
BWA Company: (859) 428-8435

Note: BWA number currently rings club president and vice president.
June 02, 2018 05:00PM
Any more thoughts on this ya'll?
Brent
June 03, 2018 08:56PM
Hey All,

Right now, I have the campground reserved on the Ocoee for the weekend of Aug. 11th.

Bob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.