Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rain coming to the Smokies this weekend

Posted by brentaustin 
Rain coming to the Smokies this weekend
March 22, 2018 12:27PM
Ground is wet here, snow still melting on top of a half inch of rain. Rain is supposed to move into this area on Saturday with an inch or more to fall by Sunday. So, this will be an invite to party and paddle in my neck of the woods for any so inclined. Got plenty of firewood and dry space to hang out in. Green monsters are not sucking up the water table yet, so come get some goods in the Park. I foresee Greenbriar/Little/Big by Sunday...
Brent
Re: Rain coming to the Smokies this weekend
March 23, 2018 09:35PM
Man, I forgot about the Cheoah running this weekend. I could easily go there tomorrow, especially if friends want to meet up there. There is supposed to be a 1000 cfs until 4, so we don't have to rush. I told Chief that we would touch base in the morning about options. If we get an inch of rain here in the next 12 hours, then I am totally into staying around here, but if not, the Cheoah would be my next choice. Any interest BWAers? We could all come back to Nippur and then see what comes up in the Park for Sunday...thinking out loud here...
Brent
March 24, 2018 08:02PM
Ok, I did not go to the Cheoah today, but paddled the Pigeon with Amelia at a nice 2200 cfs. Then I came back to the crib, started drinking tequila with friends in the hot tub and it is raining, finally, pretty good right now. I think it is likely that the Little will run tomorrow. My Park service buddy tells me that there is 1.3 feet of snow on top of the Smokies, and that means it will melt with the rain that is pouring down on my head right not as I type. Yes, I am pretty sure there will be boating in the park. I am not sure I will stay up too late since I have been drinking this early, unless someone says drink coffee they are coming down, but I am up for boating tomorrow with Chief and all my other buds that show up, wherever. Stay tuned, it is raining on top of snow. Shit should be good tomorrow. I am old and probably going to bed unless I have reason to drink a bunch of coffee and wait for your ass to get here.
Skobotin!
Brent
April 06, 2018 07:58PM
Rain is falling on my head in Cosby TN right now and supposed to all night. Flood watch and all that. That means we should have some Smokies runs tomorrow and maybe Sunday. Come party at Nippur and lets boat runs in the Park, water level dependent. I hope to go check Greenbrier in the morning to see what it looks like. Then go from there.
Skobotin!
Brent
April 07, 2018 09:56AM
I got about an inch of rain in my gauge. Lou says that Greenbrier is at 1.7 (running) and coming up. Little is at 2.84 and it is still raining on my head here in Cosby, but lightly. You got the first beta on Greenbrier here, on the BWA Forum today. Cheers!
Brent
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.