Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very wet in TN

Posted by johnk 
Very wet in TN
March 01, 2018 06:35PM
I have received over 3 inches of rain in my gauge in the last 48 hours on top of an already saturated ground. Rain is supposed to taper off and we should have clear skies and warm for this time of year temps. I suspect almost everything on the plateau and Smokies will run this weekend. I have commitments on Saturday but Sunday looks good.
Chief
Re: Very wet in TN
March 01, 2018 07:08PM
Yeah Chief, I have 2.3 inches in my rain "gauge" and when I went by the Greenbrier today around 11:45 the river "gage" was 3.7 and rising. Saw some folks from Washington state firing up the Ramsey's at an impressive level up there. It will be in tomorrow and Greenbrier will still be in the high 2s I bet. Heard Big Creek was over 4' late afternoon. Little peaked at over 6' and will be in all weekend for sure.

My plan is to stay around the north east side of the Park. Clay is coming to do Tremont or Ramsey's tomorrow, I think Wes and Karen are coming in tomorrow as is Todd Harbour and Leslie. Some other paddlers from Bryson City may also camp at Nippur this weekend and I am hoping to see the Mellos. They inquired. Probably others will show up. Should be a fun filled weekend of boating, making food, hot tubing, boating, probably a bit of drinking, etc., and boating. Oh, we will probably sleep some too. My door is open to paddlers. You know who you are. Yes, I am inviting you. You know how we roll down here in the clean water in the Park. We stomp boofs, sippin on gin and juice, laid back, with our mind on our boating and our boating on our minds.

Tell Hugo to come. He won't but he might say he will again...

Brent
March 01, 2018 07:43PM
For those of you that come, I am thinking of doing a pot luck Saturday night - surf and turf. I have some steaks and scallops I can throw in the mix. Someone else bring stuff. And bring some Tequila. That always works good after dinner. Man, it is a great sunny weekend shaping up with tons of water. Everything here will be a go for a few days. Sunny and 60 both days.
Brent
March 02, 2018 12:12PM
I will probably see you on Sunday
Chief
March 02, 2018 03:08PM
Brent,

Sounds like a bada$$ smokies weekend is shaping up. I can't make it over that way myself, wish I could, but need to be close to home to keep one eye on these kiddos, I'll my other eye on some boating. Chattanooga got about 4" of rain Wed/Thurs and things will be kicking over here all weekend and into next week even. I'll be getting out on North Chick with Tmonty and some others on Saturday if anyone wants to join.

May try to get some Suck laps once it comes down a little.

Stay safe out there brethren.

Peace out.
Boles.

Boles
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.