Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boating options this weekend?

Posted by brentaustin 
Boating options this weekend?
November 13, 2017 08:55PM
Not sure I want to travel too much or not, but I note that the Gauley is releasing 2500 today. Russell Fork is in the 270s, and I am not sure what else is going on, but I also see that the Pigeon, which is close to my hot tub, is releasing every morning the past few days at 2300 and if it continues, that is not a bad way to start off a day, but you probably need to commit to put on at 8:00 a.m. You know, coffee at 6 and rolling out by 7. Otherwise, who is doing what, where and when? There does not appear to be that much rain in the immediate forecast, so not sure what else we got. I have not checked to see if there are any other releases on other runs. What is the 411?
Brent
Re: Boating options this weekend?
November 14, 2017 09:55AM
I hear the Tallulah's running the next two weekends. I'm still stuck at home, but somebody ought to be out enjoying it. Also, as you mentioned, the Gauley's running around 2500, still well above winter pool and has 1200 plus CFS coming in, so it should hold through the weekend too. Even without rain, there seem to be a lot of options right now.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
November 14, 2017 10:22AM
Cool Hanley, I wondered about the Tallulah running. I prefer the UG to the Tallulah, but I might just hang out and do an early a.m. run on the Pigeon on Saturday and hope we actually do get some heavy rain Saturday night. We will see what the weather does later I suppose.
Brent
November 15, 2017 11:05AM
Brent! I'm looking to get out this weekend as well and had my head turned by the all the water in WV. Would be down for RF too (especially with a little bump).

Holler if you decide to roll somewhere!

MFW
November 15, 2017 11:15AM
I would love to catch the UG this weekend. I've got a first timer (Sarah Leach) who could use a line leader who's more familiar with the run than me.

Robert W.
November 16, 2017 10:03PM
Gina and I would like to boat Russell Fork, pigeon, Ocoee, or anything similar. Anyone interested please let me know. 859-5nine5-7301. JimC
November 17, 2017 01:18PM
Have Brittany for 3d and also need to train Karen. Current plans - Ocoee x2 tomorrow (Karen will be doing Staging Eddy to Doldrums with sneaks), Sect III Sun, Thrifts ti Lake (Sect IV+) on Mon (Karen doing Thrifts to Woodall). Plan B would be Ocoee Sat and Sun. Plan C would be Ocoee x 3d. Still waiting on Brittany's input

Wes
November 17, 2017 08:24PM
Hey Wes, did the Ocoee yesterday with a buddy of mine. There's noticably less flow than normal. No boof at Tablesaw and the waves pulse at a different frequency. Double Suck was more willing to slow your roll, a little more boney but still has all the fun. My buddy Adam had a posterior shoulder dislocation right after Grumpy's ledge and thanks to you, we popped that sucker back into place. Thanks for the direction, I would've just thrown a heavy rock at him and told him to catch it if it wasn't for that class.

If you can't boof it, squirt it! If you can't squirt it, are you even wet?

Mike D
November 17, 2017 08:46PM
Wow that's great news but bummed for him! Karen will appreciate the reduced flow! winking smiley Heard from Brittany. Ocoee tomorrow. Sect III Sun. Sect IV+ Mon.

Wes
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.