Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daddys on 11/11 (Saturday)

Posted by johnk 
Daddys on 11/11 (Saturday)
November 08, 2017 07:30PM
I am thinking that this Saturday would make a fine Daddys Creek Canyon run if the water doesn't completely drop out. Scenic class III &IV run. Check AW webpage for a description. Let me know if you are interested.
Chief
Re: Daddys on 11/11 (Saturday)
November 08, 2017 08:21PM
Chief, I am down!

I've been thinking the same. It'll be my first time on Daddy's. Been a long time coming.

I'll be planning to camp in the area if anyone is interested. I'm considered an overnighter on Sat, so still open to that, maybe combine with Daddy's canyon?

Boles
November 08, 2017 08:44PM
Chief,

What level do you think the river will be Saturday?

Millard
859 983 2413

Traveling the USA is fun!
November 09, 2017 09:29AM
Man, you guys are making me jealous. I'm deficient in Cumberland Plateau creek experience and Daddy's is one I still haven't done. Unfortunately, I'll be under the hood of my car replacing both head gaskets on my Subaru Outback this weekend.

Subaru, in their great wisdom, uses a boxer engine that has two separate heads on opposite sides of the engine instead of one on top so that changing the head gaskets is just one notch below a complete engine rebuild. Wheee!!!!

So, Starting Friday morning I'll be surfing an engine block in my driveway. If anyone is still in town this weekend and feels like stopping by to point, jeer, laugh or shout words of discouragement at me, please feel free. Bring beer and/or snacks... or just show up and drink mine. It'll be quite a show if I survive.

Otherwise, give a little nod to the sky for me while you're out on Daddy's Creek. I'll be with you in spirit, but trying to keep my mind on the task at hand.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
November 09, 2017 11:57AM
Catoosa is closed until Sunday.

Is it worth the longer run and shuttle?

Boles
November 09, 2017 01:23PM
[decastongrene.com]

Antioch to OBJ anyone?

Boles
November 09, 2017 04:16PM
Whoa guys. If the the Catoosa is closed Saturday, that means the Catoosa is closed. Not only are the roads off limits but the water is also. Read further on the AW page, there have been instances where kayakers have been fined for being on the water when the Catoosa is closed. Make sure of the schedule and check at the forest station for clarification. I doubt any of you really want to spend your Christmas Club check to pay your fine.

Dallas

Tattooed and Retired
November 09, 2017 08:04PM
Eddlemon's book seems to indicate you can always paddle, just can't access certain roads. Maybe it's worth s call to the WMA.

Hanley, I replaced the head gasket and rebuilt the head in out Volvo 240 not long ago. It took me way longer than a weekend. Good luck man, knock it out. Keeping older cars is always a journey. I need to swap a motor in my CRV. Not sure if I'll take that on.

Boles
November 09, 2017 08:23PM
Catoosa is closed for deer hunting. I'm going to BSF. Justin, Antioch to Nemo should be okay but I would check before I drove there or put on.
Chief
November 10, 2017 08:40AM
Chief, I'm meeting Hugo and Sam at BSF. See you out there.

Boles
November 11, 2017 10:02PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Justin. I actually decided to delay starting on this project when I realized I needed more prep and to order parts rather than buy them from Autozone (about $150 difference). I'm going to fully prep and take another run at it next weekend.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.