Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Overnighter Saturday, 11/11/17

Posted by justinb 
Overnighter Saturday, 11/11/17
November 07, 2017 12:44PM
Well, it's about time I get back in the game. I've been sidelined for a while mostly due to my own laziness and being a parent. My little guy about 6 months now, he's been keeping us busy. I've been paddling some but just close to home.

Anyway, Sunday is my birthday and I've got the weekend to go play. One of my goals this year was to do my first overnighter, yeah I'm a bit ashamed, but I've never done an overnighter on a river. Kind of like being the virgin in high school, it just hasn't happened yet, ok!

So, I'm thinking that with the rain that just moved through TN, possibly more this week yet, that the plateau may be the ideal spot for an overnighter, maybe in the Obed system. Daddy's, Clear, Obed proper. I'm open to suggestions. I could be swayed to the BSF, New River or somewhere else too if there was another mission in the works already, the plateau is just way closer from Chattanooga.

A bit on the chilly side with highs in the mid 50's, lows around 40, probably a little cooler in the river valleys.

I would likely take my greenboat but I'd be open to raft support too, I could bring way more beer that way.

Let me know if you're interested.

Boles
Re: Overnighter Saturday, 11/11/17
November 08, 2017 07:17AM
Sounds way cool, I'll have to check my availability. I definitely want to do some overnight trips this winter.

Bart
November 08, 2017 07:24PM
Justin,
I am thinking Daddys on Saturday if it does not completely drop out. I need to be home on Sunday so I can not overnight with you. However we could do daddys and you could continue down the Obed to Nemo camping somewhere along the river. Day 2 would give you Rockgarden solid class IV to keep it interesting.
Chief
November 08, 2017 08:22PM
Yes!

Sounds good Chief.

Who's in?

Boles
November 09, 2017 01:32PM
With Catoosa being closed I'm considering a put-on at Antioch on Daddy's into Obed, taking out Sunday at Nemo.

Questions for you plateau connoisseurs: What are the best options for a campsite in this section?

I'd assume it would be between Devil's & Nemo.

Sound fun to anyone?

Boles
November 09, 2017 04:19PM
Antioch to Devils 6.8 miles
Devils to OBJ ~1.5 miles (SWAG)
OBJ to Clear Creek Junction 4.2 miles (Right now seems like best campsite is "Obed Inn", river left just before confluence with Clear Creek). 12.5 miles would make for a big day.
Sunday would be Clear Creek confluence to Nemo 5.8 miles.

18.3 miles total on the river.

I'm told though that the shuttle is 43 miles each way. That would make for a couple of big days.

Boles
November 13, 2017 12:51PM
Had a great time overnighting the BSF with Sam's Club.

Can't wait to do it again.

Boles
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_9912.JPG (3.56 MB)
November 13, 2017 08:56PM
Sounds fun. That was also Hugo's birthday and our Lava Day back in 2010.
Brent
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.