Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cheoah today - Wilson tomorrow?

Posted by brentaustin 
Cheoah today - Wilson tomorrow?
November 04, 2017 09:08PM
So, the word today was, kinda, if I had posted on the Forum, folks might have known I was boating the Cheoah today and made some plans. As fate and the river gods would have it, Chief posted on Facebook and word got out. (Chief, I didn't know you had succumbed to the dark side!) I thought I was just boating with Chief and Mark Singleton, Wes maybe if he got there on time, but when I got to the takeout, there were 20 Kentucky paddlers or so, and three ready to make their first runs. Man, Sarah, Robert and Bobby crushed it out there today! It was such a blast to see Sarah and Robert, particularly, as they dove off of Bear Creek falls to come up at the bottom super stoked! Grins for miles. The flows were bigger than normal, and it appears this is the new 1000 cfs level, recalibrated. Choice level for sure. Great friends having a great time on a great river. What a resource the Cheoah is. Lots of folks out there today. Beautiful colors, prime and peak and the temps were in the low 70s and overcast with occasional sun. Water quality was clear and it felt fresh, not too warm and not too cold. Just right...ah...

Ok, so I am telling folks here, since I don't do FaceCrack that I am thinking very seriously about driving over to join Suzy Q et al for some Wilson Creek action. There.

Skobotin!

Brent
Re: Cheoah today - Wilson tomorrow?
November 05, 2017 09:26AM
I have changed gears and am not going to Wilson Creek today. Need to get stuff done around here so, Wes, stop sending folks to join me there. Instead, come to the Pigeon. It is running all day - in the 500s and that is not too bad for a 70 degree sunny day close to the house here. Karen can probably do that level. Flunker may join me since he is wiped from 4 bridge laps on the Cheoah yesterday he says. He drives all over the place, by himself, like Wes used to before he got a girlfriend, and is getting more laps than anyone. What a manimal!
Brent
Re: Cheoah today - Wilson tomorrow?
November 08, 2017 07:25PM
Brent, I have always embraced the Dark Side. Isn't that what you like about me?
Chief
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.