Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LATE NOTICE: Bridge Day is ON!!!

Posted by Hanleyk1 
LATE NOTICE: Bridge Day is ON!!!
October 17, 2017 11:32AM
Sorry for the late notice, but my bridge day plans coalesced suddenly when a shuttle became available. (Also, the Gauley is still running this weekend, more on that below.)

Bridge Day trip, Saturday 10/21. Shuttle seats for 14 butts and 14 boats. Price $15 a head. All seats will sell, but we have dibs until tomorrow. If you want in, I need your commitment by tomorrow, early. (That's Wednesday 10/18). After that, you can still ask but I cannot guarantee a seat will be available. If you commit, you owe me $15 as I will be paying up front.

Shuttle van with trailer will be meeting us at Fayette Station to leave at 4:00 PM. That gives us plenty of time to get on the water, have a fun day down to the bridge and watch lots of base jumpers. If you haven't boated the New on Bridge Day, it's a hoot. The bottom of the gorge is where all the action is, and by far the best view.

It looks like the New will likely be running in the 2500 CFS range, around zero on the old Fayette Station gauge. This is a very user-friendly level, but still plenty entertaining for more advanced boaters.

TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT, send me a text at the number below indicating that you are in. Further details to follow soon.

[www.hanleyanddenile.net]

GAULEY PLANS (Friday 10/20 and Sunday 10/22)

I plan to boat the Gauley on Friday and Sunday. Friday is a fish release day and they will almost certainly be releasing between 650 and 750 CFS, a GREAT low water Upper Gauley level. Saturday and Sunday will be normal release days. I'll be on the Gauley on Sunday, section to be determined by composition of the group.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.