Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gauley season ends, and Russell Fork Season begins...

Posted by brentaustin 
Gauley season ends, and Russell Fork Season begins...
October 03, 2017 11:35AM
At least for me. I have had an awesome season, with three good weekends including 11 Upper Gauley runs and one Upper Yough run. Lots of new BWA boaters coming on and that excites me. Another great weekend this past with Storzee and Robert W. looking good out there. Me and Todd H. had the river to ourselves yesterday. Very special. I know what you mean Hanley, on that point...

Now, though, I have nothing but the Russell Fork on my mind. It is my favorite and in my mind, the greatest whitewater season of the fall. Of course, I am biased. I have had a long love affair with the Russell Fork. Anyway, weather looks good and I am stoked to go set up at Ratliff Hole this Friday night. Yee haw, love me some October boating season at the Fork.

Sun always shines in Elkhorn City!

Brent
Re: Gauley season ends, and Russell Fork Season begins...
October 04, 2017 01:39PM
Looking forward to some Russel Fork season as well, it is a gem indeed! Hopefully i can get the El Horrendo boof a little better dialed in this season. Seems to be a tricky one for me to get a good boof on... 11 o'clockish with a left stroke is what I hear. Can't wait to see how it goes!

Anyone interested in a carpool Saturday day trip this weekend from lex?

Derek
8598o69o3I
Re: Gauley season ends, and Russell Fork Season begins...
October 04, 2017 08:13PM
I try to fully enjoy all of the months, but I must admit I have been looking forward to October since last November!
-Hisel
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.