Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Long range plans, Gauley (or New) Wed and Thur, Nov. 1 and 2

Posted by Hanleyk1 
Long range plans, Gauley (or New) Wed and Thur, Nov. 1 and 2
October 02, 2017 12:04PM
There's plenty of water in the lake right now and we're officially on the fishing release schedule now. That means that for the rest of October when the corps isn't doing a scheduled recreational release, they'll be letting out between 250 and 750 CFS. That means there will be plenty of water left in the dam on November 1st when the filming window opens and in all likelihood the corps will open it up wide. It also means a good chance to get on the Gauley when there's almost nobody there.

I love the Gauley at off flows, low and high. I also love it when me and my boating partners are the only folks on the river. Anybody else want to take a couple of days off work and have some Gauley adventure after Russell Fork season?

I may also be up for the weekend, let's talk.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Re: Long range plans, Gauley (or New) Wed and Thur, Nov. 1 and 2
October 03, 2017 03:09AM
That sounds great Hanley! I'll be a maybe though unfortunately sad smiley Was planning on getting some Sect IV runs in with Brittany in Nov and I'm under a fair amount of pressure to get Karen comfy on big water Class III by end of Jan for trip to Ecuador. We have our work cut out for us!

Wes
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.