Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beginner Friendly Trips ~ Help Needed

Posted by abtrfly4u 
Beginner Friendly Trips ~ Help Needed
July 06, 2017 10:11AM
I've got 2 Beginner Friendly Day trips planned for July.
Both will be on the Lower Pigeon.
There's been a really solid response to the Facebook posts on both the BWA Rain Chasers site as well
as the Viking Club site.
DATES ARE JULY 15th and JULY 29th!!

It would be really Groovy of some of you Skilled Boaters to step up and help me to help these Newbs continue
their journey towards Whitewater addiction. The more help the merrier the day! Some people dive right in to
WW and take off without much help at all, others not so much. Either way, it benefits everyone as a whole to ensure
that the proper skills and techniques and water reading skills are acquired ~ SO PAY IT FORWARD ~ It'll only serve to help you in the end!

Plan for both day trips is to:
Meet at the Lower Pigeon Put In parking area under the big tree at 11:30
Set and run shuttle
Group Up and Discuss Safety and other pertinent Pre-water info
Hit the water as each group is ready to do so.
Paddle and Play as you seems fit!
Off the water by 6!

The path to Class IV boating is paved in Class II learned techniques!

If you are a Beginner and plan on paddling please comment here that you're coming & that you're a newb!!

If you are a Pay if Forwarder and plan on showing a Newb down the river please comment here & let me know you're Paying it forward!!

Much love and thanks everyone ~

Essa
Re: Beginner Friendly Trips ~ Help Needed
July 07, 2017 03:54PM
I'm a beginner and plan on going 7/29! So thankful these day trips are being offered!!

Thanks,
Susan Frugé
July 11, 2017 11:43AM
I am planning on going and can help out on the 15th. Do you have enough people to have a trip?

Jerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 11:46AM by OhioJerry.
July 13, 2017 11:06AM
Essa:

How are you doing with help this Saturday? I should be able to help out if you need it, but I might need to bum a ride off someone who is day-tripping, I'm trying to sort out fuel line problems on the car.

Robert Milgate

"One fish, two fish
Red fish blue fish"
July 13, 2017 12:51PM
Oh hell, I just now saw this post. My email notifications are down so I am not seeing all as usual related to BWA stuff. I am in! I just posted we are having a party at Nippur, but looks like I am joining yours Essa! Let me know how I can assist.
Brent
July 19, 2017 09:53AM
My email notification is still off. Great day on the Pigeon on Sunday with Shawn and Chris in open boats at a nice 420 friendly level. Nice to meet some Murray folks. Grew up there.
Brent
July 19, 2017 07:58PM
Planning to go on the 29th. Should have a boat, etc by then. Thanks for putting these beginner trips together - you rock! - susan
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.