Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upper Yock July 1-4

Posted by johnk 
Upper Yock July 1-4
June 20, 2017 07:31PM
Currently I plan to leave for Friendsville, MD after work on Friday (6/30) to paddle Upper Yock and Savage. Check out these runs on AW or other sources. Upper Yock is for advanced Class IV boaters, Savage probably Class III+. Upper Yock runs Fri. (6/30); Sat. (7/1); Mon. (7/3); Tues. (7/4); Savage Sun. (7/2)
Plan to camp at location to be determined when Brent returns from Idaho.
Happy Birthday USA
Chief
Re: Upper Yock July 1-4
June 21, 2017 08:10AM
Man, I'd like to go. Haven't done the Upper Yough in quite a while and I've never done the Savage. Have fun.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
June 21, 2017 09:41AM
Hanley I would love to see you out more. I will be going up there a lot between now and the race. Hook up!

Wes
June 21, 2017 12:40PM
That sounds great! I'll be heading up on Saturday afternoon and if the all naturale au jus is flowing on Sunday then I'll join in on the Savage run. Not too keen on standing in line for the Savage but it is a great class 3 run... Anyone that fits the schedule and wants to carpool, get at me.

502fiftyfive48four89

If you can't boof it, squirt it! If you can't squirt it, are you even wet?

Mike D
June 26, 2017 09:49PM
So far the Upper Yock Happy Birthday USA is still on with me. Details are still to be determined. I spoke with Brent today he is going, anyone else?
Chief
June 27, 2017 06:52AM
Chief , there is a good chance ill be around for a release or 2 that weekend . Ill look you guys up if im in Friendsville .

Jesse
June 27, 2017 07:22PM
We will look for you
Chief
June 29, 2017 06:54AM
Brent and I will leave from TN after work on Friday. We should be in Friendsville around midnight. We will camp at John Reagan's house. Will be at Sang Run Put in around noon on Saturday?
Chief
June 29, 2017 06:56PM
Chiefster , I'm looking at Monday's release as my option .. My buddy bailed on me and day tripping solo to the Yak sounds terrible ... I just gotta talk myself into it .. I'll get back at ya
July 02, 2017 07:34PM
Hit me up JListernan. I'll be down to roll

If you can't boof it, squirt it! If you can't squirt it, are you even wet?

Mike D
July 03, 2017 10:02AM
Sorry bro I'm just now getting back to ya .. just saw your post . I decided to do tbe family thing today anyways . I was talkin to Flunker about meeting up on Friday and being that I'm in Cincy there's just no good place to meet up going to the Yough ... besides somebody driving a hr outta the way .. 2 hrs if ya consider the drive back . We go North to Columbus then start heading east on 70 . I'm hoping to get on a release or 2 next weekend though
Jesse
July 05, 2017 01:39PM
Good times on the Yough and Savage this weekend. Chief and I rode up with Dan, from Knoxville, met the Hettich bros at John Regan's and got a Saturday lap on the UY at about a 2.15 level, then the Savage on Sunday (boy, the shuttle line sucked) which is a fun run, then we were joined by Majick Mike and Mark Branch for a Monday run on the UY, again about 2.1 and back home in time for a Pigeon lap on the 4th. I will probably do afternoon laps on the Pigeon today and tomorrow around 4 p.m. or so, then plan to go to the Cheoah on Saturday or Sunday or both.
Brent
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.