Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Park boating all week this week, could be the last...

Posted by brentaustin 
Park boating all week this week, could be the last...
April 05, 2017 08:38PM
Yes the Little has run every day and so has Greenbrier. The Little has flat lined around 2.9 the last few days and flat lined last week around 2.5 then 2.6. So, a good base. It will be there tomorrow and the next three days probably. Should be a bit more rain tonight. This may be the last good weekend of boating on the Little because the near forecast does not look promising for rain. It has been great getting on these two runs nearly every single day but it is going to sputter out. Today was fun. Great 2.9 level and had several guests last night to take to the river today. We had a helluva Taco Tuesday jam with Cory and Margeret visiting along with Shane from Minnesota, both jamming on guitar, some fire spinning by a kayaker named Red and we might have stayed up a bit late sipping Tequila. Nonetheless, we had a great day on the Little today. Hope to see some of you over here this weekend.
Brent
Re: Park boating all week this week, could be the last...
April 06, 2017 08:09AM
Dude,
We got .6 inches of rain last night and it has just started cranking on my head now. Little is back to rising around 3.3 and the Greenbrier is going back up. A bit cooler today, near 47 degrees, but the water should be great today. Think me and Lou are headed to the Greenbrier around noon. Chief, you interested? If it is over 2.4 Lou won't get on it, but I will! I imagine Big creek is a run today as well. This is awesome!
Brent
April 06, 2017 08:36AM
Brent , stoked for ya and jealous !!! I think im heading out early Saturday and more than likely to the Park . Ill stay in touch brother

Jesse
April 06, 2017 11:26AM
Brent,
Not getting out today, but Friday through Sunday looks good.
Chief
April 06, 2017 12:02PM
Cool Chief. I am content to do the Little the next three days in a row if nothing else.
Talk more soon.
Brent
April 06, 2017 12:04PM
The other thought I had is that it snowed up top so there may not be the big bump today and it may just hold steady for the next bit. That means it should stay in at the current levels for awhile.

Jesse, come on down.

Brent
April 06, 2017 02:04PM
I'm a big probably for Sat and maybe if still there Sun.

Wes
April 06, 2017 09:21PM
Ok Wes, sounds good. I should be around here boating...
Brent
April 07, 2017 12:23PM
Brent , think I'm gonna get some laps on the Telly with a old friend on Saturday then double back to Knoxville .. Hopefully there's still water come Sunday on the Little and I'll see ya either at the Sinks or the Elbow !!

Jesse
April 09, 2017 06:45PM
We had runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the Little. The Bluegrass state was well represented. Tennessee Kentuckians (Brent and Chief) got runs in on Friday afternoon as well as Saturday and Sunday.We were joined at various times by Arynn, Pat, Josh, Jason, and Lindsay, from Louisville; Cody, Dara, Jason, Magic Mike, Flunker, Justin, and Wes from Lexington; Keith from Bowling Green; and Jerry from Owensboro. Sorry if I forgot someone.
The water was cold but not too cold, clear and went slowly from 3.1' on Friday to about 2.8' feet on Sunday. Great levels, many fun boofs, lots of technical rapids that required solid boat control.
Some of us camped at Brent's enjoying hot tub soaks, wonderful meals, pleasant conversation, and tall tales around a fire on Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks to Brent for all the hospitality he has provided over the years at his estate near Cosby.
Great to see some of the newer boaters getting out and pushing themselves. The roadside access makes it possible for multiple take-outs and put-ins.We did the Sinks section which drops a little over 100' per mile. Some of us chose to run the Meanies and Sinks to begin the run, solid Class IV, Others put in below the Sinks (Sinks Lite) Class III-IV? and we all (most of us) finished with The Elbow.
If you have not run this classic,catch it soon. Not sure if it will hold water as well now that the plant life is coming into play.
SYOTR
Chief
April 10, 2017 04:34PM
Chiefster,

Me and Eric HF got another 2.6 run in this morning. It is 2.53 now. Should be 2.4 or above in the morning. Think me and Lou are going to head there around 9 a.m. if you are interested in one more lap tomorrow.

Brent
April 10, 2017 06:26PM
Brent,
I would love to join you but I will be working
Chief
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.