Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plateau boating in play this week and weekend...

Posted by brentaustin 
Plateau boating in play this week and weekend...
March 01, 2017 04:48PM
I am still hoping we will get enough rain to get the Little up tomorrow, but it appears, once again, that the northern plateau got the water and that is where the goods are. Caney Fork is getting ready to get big, Daddy's Creek is 2.6 and rising, BSF is 3700 and rising, and so is the Emory Obed. It looks like those I just named will be in play for a day or three. I can road trip somewhere like Caney Fork/Daddy's Creek on Saturday but will have to stay close to Nippur the next couple of days. So, I am hoping the rain on my head right now will keep falling...
Brent
Re: Plateau boating in play this week and weekend...
March 02, 2017 12:22PM
Brent,
As usual with most rain events in Knoxville, I had hoped to get a Little run today-not happening. I think, Island and Little Clear might still be running on Saturday morning but most likely not. Daddy's will run throughout the weekend but Catoosa is closed, I think. Crooked Fork could hold for a few days too.
The Caney Fork will probably be around 1.6-1.8' on Saturday, which is a nice level.
BSF is currently high but should drop down this weekend to a fun level.
Anyway, let's check gauges and stay in touch. SYOTR on Saturday.
Chief
March 03, 2017 04:37PM
Some of us are headed to the BSF this weekend! Holler if you guys head over that way. Planning on doing burnt mill to leatherwood.

MFW
Ace
March 03, 2017 08:04PM
I'm down for Sunday day trip to the plateau
Ben M
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.