Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting out this weekend?

Posted by mfwilson 
Getting out this weekend?
January 06, 2017 09:02AM
I'm not saying i'm COMMITTED to going, but it will be Jeff Schetler's birthday and I could be convinced to paddle somewhere. Its going to be ridiculously pretty out.

Right now I'm thinking BSF, burnt mill to leatherwood, if nothing else comes up.

MFW
Re: Getting out this weekend?
January 06, 2017 11:16AM
Brrrr, polar boating. Think I am out for this weekend. Ya'll have fun. Happy birthday Jeff!
Brent
January 06, 2017 02:33PM
Anyone up for a morning lap on the Elkhorn tomorrow? I'm thinking 10ish.

Nolan A.
January 06, 2017 02:57PM
Nolan,
I could be talked into a Khorn run tomorrow at 10:00AM. 11 degrees might be a new record for me. Text me with what you're thinking later.

Best Regards,

Kyle Koeberlein

Bluegrass Wildwater Association, INC
President
Personal Mobile: (502) 370-1289
BWA Company: (859) 428-8435

Note: BWA number currently rings club president and vice president.
January 06, 2017 03:09PM
I'de be game if someone would loan me a dry suit. I have the base layers just not the dry suit.

Andrew Van Horn
Captain of the Pirate Ducky Fleet
January 06, 2017 03:28PM
I... have to work. I will be in Frankfort though so there is a very small possibility that I might be up for an after work run... let me think about it.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
January 06, 2017 04:40PM
I'm up for this. 10:00 at the put in or at Saufly's?

Hanley, I could probably do a second lap if you get off work in time.

Robert Milgate

"One fish, two fish
Red fish blue fish"
January 06, 2017 06:28PM
Robert! And whoever else, we're doing 10 at the put in!

Nolan A.
January 07, 2017 07:55AM
for a lukewarm second it looked like this was going to happen, with Jason Hettich (almost bday boy) and Damon down for some BSF. Doesn't look like its going down today, but jason hettich and jimmy were thinking of a lap on the khorn. think i'm going to keep my powder dry/warm, my wife happy, and look towards next weekend which looks warmer and wetter.

Stay safe and warm out there y'all.

MFW
#maketheforumgreatagain
January 07, 2017 08:18AM
Lol, Mike, I kinda wondered when I looked out my window and saw 10" of snow this morning. We got pounded down here last night. See the attached photo. I am supposed to leave for Lexington this afternoon but I don't think I am going anywhere for a few hours. Can you say "Snobotin!" Not sure it is going to melt since the high here is supposed to be 34. Anyway, the good news is that there is a warm up on Tuesday followed by a rain event on Wednesday. Yeah. I think the Park will be going off on Wednesday and Thursday, for sure! So, if any folks are looking for that action during the middle of the week, plan to come on down to boat both days.

And, you are doing a great job of helping make the Forum Great Again! Just say no to FaceCrack and do yourself a favor and diss it. I promise we can all communicate just fine without it.

Brent
Attachments:
open | download - Snow event Nippur 1-7-17.jpg (5.71 MB)
January 07, 2017 09:01AM
...okay, I thought about it and I'm out. The unpredictability of the day today (when I may or may not get out of work) combined with various other factors make me look toward next week for my boating fix.

Y'all have fun out there.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
January 07, 2017 06:20PM
Tommorow?
January 08, 2017 09:17AM
This recent cold event has caused the majority of squatches to migrate to RFG today. Problem being that the tall and mighty Yeti has found its way to Elkhorn City as well. This means the possibility of some ground stomping, tree romping, live action. It must be documented for future generations and the safest way to do so is via whitewater craft. So noon at Garden Hole gate if anyone wants to do a little dance. Bring warm socks!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.