Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wed-Fri

Posted by mfwilson 
Wed-Fri
December 26, 2016 06:02PM
Driving back from traverse city tomorrow and don't work till 1/3 so i could be convinced to venture down to the cumberland plateau or even head east to wild and wonderful west virginia, Thinking of leaving wednesday, do some paddling, camp somewhere quiet, repeat. Lets see what this rain does. . .

MFW
Re: Wed-Fri
December 26, 2016 11:25PM
Wednesday til Monday... paddlefest. How long will we be gone? I'll drive if you drive or maybe we could ride together. Im off until Monday. Maybe we could get down. Putting new brake pads on my car tomorrow, after that I'll be ready to roll.
December 27, 2016 06:46AM
I am in, assuming we stay close to Nippur. Lol. Rain is just now starting here as I type. Let's hope we get some action in the Park.
Brent
December 27, 2016 02:04PM
Edited after looking at the water situation a little more. Looks like there might be a lot of options tomorrow with more rain on the way for some areas! Daddy's may actually be on the high side tomorrow. Any word if the little gauge is still out of order? Not sure if I'm going to day trip or overnight tomorrow but I'm down to get an early start either way!

Derek
859-806-903I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2016 03:18PM by DJBG13.
December 27, 2016 03:19PM
Yeah Derek, I could be into that if the Little does not come up, which I am not convinced it will given the limited rain here. Greenbriar was at a measley .80 around noon, and I need 1.7 to get me there. Agree that Daddy's is a good option. Let's touch base more later.
Brent
December 27, 2016 03:35PM
Cool, sounds good Brent Thanks for the update on the Little also, I've been wanting to get back out there, I've still only been on it once and it was awesome! Either way it looks like there will be some good boating to get into tomorrow!

Derek
December 27, 2016 05:11PM
Derek,
Yeah, I think Daddy's is our move. Just got off the phone with Lou Rudolph who did a visual at the Little and said it was too low, at about 1.8 this afternoon. So, I don't think it will go tomorrow at all since there is no more rain coming until Wednesday (tomorrow) night. Got folks here wanting to go tomorrow, so right now, there are four of us to meet you. I think Flunker and maybe a couple of the Mike's may be in play as well. Daddy's is currently 2.31 and starting to slow its ascent. Should be still in the 2's tomorrow I suspect and very good. Maybe we should plan to meet at the put in around 11? Give us a call on the land line in the morning 865-217-9952. I think you have my cell. If not, it is 859-321-7588. Skobotin!
Brent
December 27, 2016 05:30PM
Whoopty whoo!

Just got off the road and checked into things to find my uncertainties resolved!

I think my plan is to rendezvous with the daddy's crew, camp at rock creek and paddle clear creek Jett bridge or obj to nemo Thursday, BSF could be at a great level Friday.

Holler. Will prob be wheels up by 730 or so if anyone is down for such an excursion.

Holler
MFW
December 27, 2016 06:17PM
11am at Daddy's put in sounds like a plan to me! Think I'll drive down tonight so I don't have to get up quite as early here in Lexington. These holidays have my sleep a little off schedule...

Derek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2016 06:18PM by DJBG13.
December 28, 2016 07:28AM
Cool Derek, see you at the put in at 11. Flunker is joining us with some friends from Wisconsin and I have another friend from Knoxville meeting us. Just spoke with Mike Wilson and he is cruising. We will get out of Nippur in about an hour and drive that way. Probably be here tonight waiting on the rain for some Greenbriar and/or Little action tomorrow. It is going to get cold, so boating close to the crib and hot tub tomorrow will be sweet.
Brent
December 28, 2016 08:17AM
Hey ya'll, just spoke to MFW and looks like we are meeting now at 11:30 given that there was a pair of high heel shoes that Mike's All Wet is addressing, or something.
Brent
December 28, 2016 08:22PM
I'm in for Thursday, Little if rain gods are generous, Daddy's if not perhaps all the way to Nemo.
Chief
December 28, 2016 08:27PM
Day One of the Mike Wilson trip was a success. There were 16 of us on Daddy's Creek today, and another group of 5 in front of us that we passed at Rattlesnake while they were scouting. Weather was spectacular, felt like mid 60s, and the water was ample at 2'. That is a good flow and made for busy action. Smiles and beer at the bottom. I came back home and am hoping the Little comes up tomorrow. I think most of the rest of the gang is camping at Rock Creek tonight. Oh, and I saw Chief on the Interstate on the drive back tonight. He is in the mix to boat tomorrow.

Brent
December 28, 2016 08:32PM
Damn Chief, you were typing when I was typing. I told you earlier when I saw you on the interstate tonight that you are psycho! Er, I mean psychic...
Brent
December 29, 2016 07:20AM
Hey gang that I boated with yesterday! Send me your email address and I will loop you in on plans and thoughts. Send to my phone 859-321-7588.

Anyway, the Little gauge is still broke, but I notice that the Maryville gauge has 1250 in it and still going up. Also, the AW Greenbriar gauge is at 1600 and going up 100 cfs. Lou is going to take a look around 8ish. I think we should be good to paddle although I know you all are in camp, cozy in your sleeping bags and may not want to drive over, which is understandable.

Right now, I am hoping for something close to home. I will post further visuals and thoughts later. Please don't pass this on to the FaceCrack crowd. They need to get off crack, feel some shame, and come to our Forum for beta...

Brent
December 29, 2016 07:28AM
Sounds good brent, cozy indeed. ;-)

Our unofficial Guage (empty blue solo cup) says we got .5" here at rock creek. Jeremy just went to get eyes on island creek. Think I hear him coming back into camp now...
Brandon Jett and Bobby knopp are road tripping from Lexington to meet up. Likely hit clear creek or daddy's again...

Either way, plenty of water in the plateau. Be safe y'all.
December 29, 2016 07:46AM
Cool homey. Chief says he got .75 inches in his gauge. We got similar. Saw your text message and understand you have another plan. I will know more about GB in a bit. Either way, we are probably hanging in the Park. If anyone hears of a Big Creek visual, let me know. I will do the same. Think Dustin Cornelieson is headed over there today, so I might get word.

Brent
December 29, 2016 07:47AM
And let me know if Island is happening...
Brent
January 03, 2017 11:27AM
Shazzam! Magic of the forum. Posted about my paddling intentions and hot dayum did it turn into a good time.

Daddy's at 2.2' with an allstar crew of 16 on Wednesday
Clear Creek Thursday (700 cfs?) into the Obed(~3000 cfs, juicy!) with Brandon Jett and Magic Mike to help Bobby Knopp step it up and get his first taste of plateau boating.
Wrapped up the week on Daddy's at 2.5' with Chief, Brian (14!), Brian's Dad (Rob), and MikesAllWet.

Super good peeps, great water levels, a plethora of padding choices, and quiet riverside camping...

Pencil it on your calendars next year folks if you can, usually good paddling to be had if you can get away between Xmas and new years!

Lets do it again soon! smileys with beer

MFW
January 03, 2017 11:27AM
Shazzam! Magic of the forum. Posted about my paddling intentions and hot dayum did it turn into a good time.

Daddy's at 2.2' with an allstar crew of 16 on Wednesday
Clear Creek Thursday (700 cfs?) into the Obed(~3000 cfs, juicy!) with Brandon Jett and Magic Mike to help Bobby Knopp step it up and get his first taste of plateau boating.
Wrapped up the week on Daddy's at 2.5' with Chief, Brian (14!), Brian's Dad (Rob), and MikesAllWet.

Super good peeps, great water levels, a plethora of padding choices, and quiet riverside camping...

Pencil it on your calendars next year folks if you can, usually good paddling to be had if you can get away between Xmas and new years!

Lets do it again soon! smileys with beer

MFW
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.