Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rolling Sessions cancelled until further notice.

Posted by Hanleyk1 
Rolling Sessions cancelled until further notice.
January 10, 2019 03:28PM
We have just lost use of the Pinnacle pool. Rolling sessions are cancelled until we can find a new location. No session tomorrow (Friday January 11th). If anyone has a lead on a pool that would be open to having us, hopefully at a reasonable price, please let me know.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Re: Rolling Sessions cancelled until further notice.
January 11, 2019 01:52PM
I could probably get the Berea Pool but that's probably to far away for most.
January 12, 2019 10:08PM
What happened?
January 13, 2019 03:49PM
Perhaps check with the aquatic pool with the university of Kentucky, as they once did allow team river runner Lexington to utilize their facility. It would be a great central location in the city! Just a suggestion.

B. J. - kayak bum and river guide
January 13, 2019 04:00PM
There are several b w a members that are graduates, former employees, or alumni of the university (including uneducated dumb people such as I). I suggest asking Barry Grimes or Linda Tribble to assist in any effort since they are nearby to Lexington during the winter!

January 14, 2019 10:38AM
Thanks BJ, we've got some contacts and I'm looking into it. Needless to say I would personally welcome being able to practice at UK as it's just about a mile from my house.

On the face of it, it seems ideal. Centrally located in Lexington and a big pool with the potential for free access. Parking has been an issue there in the past, and it's not as convenient for some of the out-of-towners, but that's a case by case thing anyway and you can't please everybody.

One thing that I have been thinking about in relation to all this is the possibility of doing something like a BWA rolling session roadshow. Do some single event sessions at some surrounding locations that will give us free access. We'll see though. Lots of stuff going on and only so much time to deal with it.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
January 14, 2019 01:13PM
The aquatic center at UK actually has two pools with one being the Olympic size pool for competition swimmers and divers for SEC and university competition, and a smaller pool that is about chest deep or so that would be great for roll practice without having to move swim lane buoys. I know parking at UK is always an issue, but there is a parking garage located between the center and old cliff Hagan baseball site. Perhaps something could be worked out to utilize that garage since parking would be for a short period of time during session

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.