Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

summer party

Posted by nomad 
summer party
July 25, 2018 10:41AM
I am looking for more info on the summer party. Will there be camping, shared meals, shuttles, what is the cost and so forth.

Nomad
Re: summer party
July 26, 2018 12:16PM
Hey Nomad

Here's the info on the party:

Hi Folks,

Location: For those that came to the Summer Party last year, it's at the same place at the campground for Ocoee Outdoors and we'll have the whole place to ourselves. Ocoee Outdoors Rafting which owns the campground is located at 1985 US-64, Benton, TN 37307 and the campground is on the left, just before you get to the rafting company. Look for the BWA or Viking banners.

Cost: As members of the BWA or Vikings there is no charge for this event.

Camping: The campground will be open and camping will be available starting on Thursday night and go through Sunday (No camping Sunday night) The campground is fairly primitive but there are restrooms and showers.

What to do there: This place has something for everyone. For beginners or for those looking for a relaxing time on the water, the Hiwassee River is only a short drive away. For the more advanced, the Ocoee is just down the road. Feel like really tearing it up and seeing who's the fastest on the water, we got you covered on that too -------> On Saturday August 11th will be the 6th annual "Dick" Bradfield Downriver Race. Open to all participants, this race, honoring the memory of one of our fellow BWA boaters and a hell of a nice guy, Scott "Dick" Bradfield has become a Summer Party tradition and I encourage everyone that's up for the challenge to join in.

Food: On Saturday, we'll be having a potluck dinner. The main course i.e. the "Meats" will be provided so everyone else is encouraged to bring a side dish or a desert worthy of sharing with your fellow boaters. Other than the Saturday night dinner, all other meals will be up to you. There are several locale restaurants in the area so finding grub shouldn't be an issue.

Bob
July 31, 2018 08:43AM
Hey, cool, thanks Bob. See ya'll there. I guess the dog situation is handled by the kennel still - down the road? Does anyone know? Would like to bring Canyon again. If it is cool out, I don't mind leaving him in the shade with water at the camp while we paddle. Been really nice around this side of the Smokies for the past month, for sure!

Was just thinking about Scott yesterday. Been five years now...weekend of July 4th, 2013. Time sure flies!

Brent
July 31, 2018 04:44PM
Brent,

As far as I know the kennel's still open......Anyone got updated info on that?..... Really looking forward to the party at usual and have been thinking about Scott myself. What a super guy. Even though he was a much better paddler than me he was always so encouraging and friendly; Jess was the same way. Been wanting to get down to the Smokies but did get to spend some time on the BSF with Nate last weekend. Got in a couple of runs between the typhoons and got to show Nate the 40 foot hot tub we found at Jakes hole. See you soon brother.

Bob
August 01, 2018 09:51PM
Cool Bob. I found the kennel: Ocoee River Dog Day Care and Grooming, 409 Hwy 64, Ocoee, TN 37361 and the phone is: 423-299-9620

Dude, you should come down here and boat this weekend. Stuff is blowing up in the Park and all around me.

Brent
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.