Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sam Singleton- Shooting Star

Posted by ed 
ed
Sam Singleton- Shooting Star
June 04, 2018 11:47PM
Paddling Family-
We lost a bright little star today. I write this numb for fear of not writing when the feeling sets in. Those of you who paddled with Sam know of his zeal for life, adventure, and the water. Sam lost his life today while playing with ropes in our barn. I'm sure he was pretending he was the next American Ninja Warrior. We will never know what happened for certain, but I can assure you it was an accident. The last time I talked with my son, I told him that he would be able to participate in a Slalom clinic this coming weekend. He was so excited because The flooding last weekend canceled the clinic we had planned to attend. Sam was beautiful. He was an artist who painted the water with the color of enthusiasm with each stroke. Sam was a Christian, a disciple following Christ the best a 13 year old boy could. Sam was an athlete, a distance runner who could muster the strength to finish to finish well in multiple track events during a single track meet. Sam was a gifted canoeist who had hopes of becoming a C1 slalom paddler. Sam was a comedian and an inventor. Sam was a son, a brother, and a grandson. Please pray that God grant my family the strength to see the beauty in his short life and to endure the coming days. Sam is alive and now paddling tandem with Jesus.

Ed Singleton
Re: Sam Singleton- Shooting Star
June 05, 2018 05:20AM
Oh, Ed. So deeply sorry. Our thoughts are with you, Tracy, and the rest of your wonderful family.

Jr.
June 05, 2018 05:35AM
Ed,
Words completely fail me. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you will feel connected with Sam time and again when you are on the river and elsewhere. Inadequate for sure but it does help a little bit. Let me know if there is anything you need brother.
Brent
June 05, 2018 09:01AM
Oh my God Ed, this is just crushing news. I am so deeply sorry for you and your sweet family. I cannot even fathom what you all are going through right now. Sam was such a precious young man, grinning every single time I saw him. That bright little star you speak of certainly brightened my day when I got to see him at meetings and our various BWA events. I loved asking him about his paddling, you could see his face light up when he started thinking about it. I could tell he was going to be a truly gifted paddler, and I could tell so very well how proud you were of him. May that light of his shine bright in your heart for the rest of eternity. Please give my sincerest condolences to your family, and may peace be with you all during this most difficult time. This just breaks my heart

Clay
June 05, 2018 10:08AM
To Ed, Tracy, Gabe, and Lucy
our hearts go out to you all. Sam was such a fun young guy. I remember having a conversation with him at an NPFF silent auction about the merits of a Foamie boater he was bidding on. He was so helpful at NPFF this year and weI always loved seeing you guys together on the water. He will always be remembered fondly by all who met him. His spirit will always be with you all and especially on the water. Sending healing energies now and in the days to come. Love Linda and Britt

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
June 05, 2018 10:34AM
Jansen and I have such a special place in our hearts for your family. The Singleton Family is one of the best parts of the BWA and adventuring on the weekends. We know you were so proud of Sam and always loved hearing how everyone was doing on and off the water. No words can explain how heartbroken Jansen and I are for your family. We are here to help in any way that we can and will keep your family in our prayers.

Best Regards,

Kyle Koeberlein

Treasurer
Bluegrass Wildwater Association, INC
Personal Mobile: (502) 370-1289
BWA Company: (859) 428-8435

Note: BWA number currently rings club president and treasurer.
June 05, 2018 12:37PM
Ed, Tracy, Gabe, Lucy

I would that I had words to take away any of the ache your hearts are feeling.

I don't need to tell you guys how great and special a young man Sam was. The joy and pleasure he radiated when he was on the water was a gift to anyone who had a chance to paddle with him, and it will sorely be missed. But even more than that, he was such a fundamentally nice and decent human being, and the world will be poorer for not having him in it.

Zina and I are holding your family in our prayers and our hearts, if there is anything we can offer to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Robert
June 05, 2018 08:37PM
Ed,
All of your extended BWA family mourns Sam's passing. We hate to see so a promising young man leave the world so early.
Peace and Love to you and all your family.
Chief
June 11, 2018 07:11PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family! Sometimes there are just not words to be able to use!

B. J. - kayak bum and river guide
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.