Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trash Bash this weekend. Saturday June 2nd.

Posted by xsubdude99 
Trash Bash this weekend. Saturday June 2nd.
May 29, 2018 08:13PM
Hi Folks,

A big thank you to ALL those that have already joined in on this event but we still need some volunteers to help out with the event itself. We need one or two willing to show up at Elkhorn Acres at 8 a.m. on Saturday to help set up tents and to hang out through the event for whatever comes up. We need people to bring extra rec boats, duckies and / or rafts and we need people with pick-ups and or trailers to help haul trash from the takeout locations back to the dumpsters at Elkhorn Acres. Lastly we need paddlers willing to either join in with the BWA / Viking crews or hang out the brewery crews to help support them.

I promise it'll be a fun time and afterwards, we'll even provide some of the best Bar-b-que in Central Ky, thanks to Porthouse Bar-B-Que. The crews will be joining up and heading out at 10 a.m. at Elkhorn Acres on Saturday so if your getting on the river, get there a little early. The actual address is 4200 Peaks Mill Road in Frankfort. If you're one of those extraordinary individuals that just want to help with the event itself, get to Elkhorn Acres, as close to 8 a.m. as possible and I'll find stuff for you to do. Thanks in advance, and thanks so much to the people that have already signed up.

Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 10:03AM by xsubdude99.
Re: cool smiley Trash Bash this weekend. Saturday June 2nd. cool smiley
May 29, 2018 08:33PM
BJ, You about gave me a heart attack, I when I first read your post I thought you'd said that you got married. Told Megan "Well dear, BJ's going to be shot any day now. " Looking forward to reading her article. See you soon brother.

Bob
May 31, 2018 01:17PM
I can be there to help out, can bring Sit-on- top kayak if needed.

Walt

Walt
May 31, 2018 02:14PM
Great, thanks Walt and yes, the sit on top would be perfect.

Bob
Re: Trash Bash this weekend. Saturday June 2nd.
June 04, 2018 07:36PM
Ha, that is funny!!!!! What a great job keeping the khorn clean! It is, at the end of day, the run we first ran as white water! Wish I coulda been there, but I am in Hartford TN as a guide. It is a rough job but somebody's gotta do it! Love you Bob Larkin!!!!!

B. J. - kayak bum and river guide.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 07:39PM by bj196321.
Re: Trash Bash this weekend. Saturday June 2nd.
June 06, 2018 08:54PM
Well if it can't be me I'm glad it's you. Love you too my brother.

Bob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.