Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash... June 2nd

Posted by xsubdude99 
The Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash... June 2nd
May 23, 2018 07:41PM
Hey Folks,

June 2nd is the date for the Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash and it is rapidly approaching. I won't get into how important this event could become as far as changing the public's perception about river conservation but I will say that this is the first event of what will be a long line of events aimed at changing that perception and I need help to make this event a good starting point.

What we need: I've included the information pamphlet that was supplied to the breweries as a basic bit of info about the event. Basically what we need are 4 to 8 members that are willing to form the BWA's river clean up team. You will paddle, along with several Vikings that have already stepped up on the whitewater sections of the Elkhorn. (from the forks to AW) and clean up that section of the river.

I also need as many volunteers as I can get to help out as "Event Staff". You may be assigned to paddle along with the breweries teams to bolster their numbers, help out where needed at the home of the event at AW Acres or just stay at the takeout points to tell them where to get off the river and help them once they do. Flexibility is the key here.

What you'll get: Aside from knowing that you've made a major impact on improving the rivers of central Kentucky, you'll be part of a really fun event. The teams will gather at 10 a.m. at AW Acres, form up and head out. If you're at the river takeout points, you'll have a relaxing day while waiting for your teams to arrive and assist them once they do. If you're on the river, you'll either have a great day on the river with your Viking and BWA brothers and sister, and be part of the breweries teams making new friends along the way.

Later, after you're picked up by Canoe Kentucky and brought back to AW Acres, you'll get to hang out with your family and friends (new friends also) and have some of the best Bar-B-Que in the State, provided by Porterhouse Bar-B-Que.

Who can Come: Your family and friends are invited to attend but know that I'll put them to work. Make a day on the water with them. Introduce them to the issues surrounding the Elkhorn, meet a ton of new friends and have dinner on us. Everyone is invited so lets have a great time. What could be better.

If you're coming please either respond to this thread, call or email me directly at 502-550-4225 or at xsubdude1999@gmail.com If you have a preference on what you want to do, let me know. If you want to bring family and or friends, also include that info. Let's make a difference folks, and let's do it in true Kentucky boater fashion.

Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2018 08:16PM by xsubdude99.
Attachments:
open | download - The Great Elkhorn Trash Bash.pdf (226.2 KB)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.