Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash... thumbs up June 2nd thumbs up

Posted by xsubdude99 
The Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash... thumbs up June 2nd thumbs up
April 08, 2018 09:34PM
Hi All, (In case you're wondering, yes, I has been moved to June 2nd)

Well at long last the clean up on the Elkhorn is drawing near. We had to change the name due to another event with the same one but with a name like "The Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash" you know it'll be fun.

The plan is simple, In order to change the public's perception about taking care of their local streams, we want to involve as many new people and businesses to the beauty of the Elkhorn River as possible. People that don't normally get involved in this sort of thing. We want to change the public's perception and the best way to do it is to get them involved. We'll make it fun for them, we'll make it a great team building exercise and on top of that, they get to compete against other companies in the same industry to see which teams can haul out the most trash.

Ok, here's where you come in. We need volunteers to form up a couple of teams of our own to take on the Vikings on the whitewater section from the forks down to AW Acres. If you can get a canoe, a raft or a Duckie, that would be great. we need anywhere from 4 to 6 people to represent the BWA. Please post to this if your interested or contact me directly. 502-550-4225.

We also need volunteers to assist the other teams, "Ground crews". Canoe Kentucky will be donating the canoes and the shuttle for the flatwater section volunteers but we will need help with getting this thing organized and running smoothly. Please help out with this worthwhile cause. After the event we'll all get together and eat and have a great time. Camping will be available on the Elkhorn should you so desire so come, bring the family and have a great time. Be a part of keeping the Elkhorn the treasure it is.

Thanks,
Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2018 09:15PM by xsubdude99.
Re: The Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash... May 12th
April 10, 2018 08:36AM
'bout time the Elkhorn cleanup got a facelift. Good for you Bob, jazz it up and make it sexy. Can't commit to it right now, but I'll try to be there.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
April 16, 2018 08:40PM
I was wondering if the club was going to participate in the Red River Cleanup this year. Looks like you already have plans made for the weekend the Red River Cleanup is usually scheduled. I spoke with Russ this evening and asked if anyone from the club had contacted him. He said he had not heard from anyone this year.

Allen
April 16, 2018 09:13PM
Talked to Allen tonight and being someone that has done the Red River Clean up a few times, it is a great project and a lot of fun. Just for the record and so that everyone else knows, due to a scheduling conflict the Great Elkhorn Creek Trash Bash has been moved to June 2nd.

Bob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.