Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Race?

Posted by Ace 
Ace
Race?
February 16, 2018 10:55AM
So elkhorn is at 3700 cfs now and we've already gotten over an inch of rain this morning and still raining. Pretty much a given at this point the creek is going to blow up with sketchy dam portage if even possible.
I think it would be wise at this point for the non-organizers of this race to post a plan B that they overheard through the grapevine.
I heard in the past the race was moved to the lower elkhorn. Is this a possibility or is the thought conditions will be too bad for that too?
Ace
Re: Race?
February 16, 2018 10:56AM
If plan B is already on Facebook, my apologies...just post here for us Zuckerburg haters
Re: Race?
February 16, 2018 02:44PM
Yes Ben the Not-NPFF race has been canceled due to expected high water. The safety risks along with logistics made it impossible to have it tmrw. Hopefully we’ll be able to hold a race down the Elkhorn at a later date but we’ll just have to see how it plays out. The good news is we have options to paddle tmrw!

Clay
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.