Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wee Yi for Haysi

Posted by bj196321 
Wee Yi for Haysi
December 08, 2017 01:12PM
Not for sure why, but it is great to be moving back to Haysi for the rendezvous! Too bad Elkhorn City has became NOT Boater friendly and has shunned their river, the boaters, and the additional income to their community!

B. J. - Kayak Bum and River Guide
Re: Wee Yi for Haysi
February 04, 2018 05:52PM
I'm also looking forward to the move back to Haysi. Talk about a boater friendly town and getting back in touch with the place that saw the best years of the festival gives me a great feeling. Hopefully Elkhorn City will realize that they are still loved by the boating community, even though a very small percentage of them will be happy to see us go. I have friends in Elkhorn City and plenty of great memories from there. No hard feelings towards anyone in Elkhorn City but Haysi is a town that deserves our support. Next time you all are on the Russell Fork check it out, spend some money there and above all else, come to the festival in October, I promise it'll be great one.

Bob
Re: Wee Yi for Haysi
February 10, 2018 08:56AM
Perhaps I was being a little too harsh on Elkhorn City, and I do have several friends there, but the fact is that "small percentage" seems to be in control of what their police dept does and did their best to prevent boaters at rendezvous from enjoying the band's and Carson island! They used the new " sound ordinance" as an excuse, because with the rains that night I couldn't hear the music at the park parking lot that was only a few hundred feet away. Feel for those in Elkhorn that has worked for years to try to make it a boaters community! Also for the BWA people planning event!

B. J. - kayak bum and river guide
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.