Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A special person in the B.W.A.

Posted by bj196321 
A special person in the B.W.A.
November 13, 2017 07:31PM
I don't know if all know it, but Don Spangler is a special gift to our B. W. A. Tribe! I am not quite sure who, if anybody can replace him , but he has brought our little newsletter up to a whole new level!!!!!!!! His production of our newsletter should be brought to bigger stage. He has done such a remarkable job!!

B. J. - Kayak Bum and River guide.
Re: A special person in the B.W.A.
November 13, 2017 08:46PM
BJ, I couldn't agree more. He is a treasure. I just spent the weekend at an AW Board meeting which includes Kent Ford, and we spent many moments in between AW business and some boating together, discussing Spangler, and Kent is quite fond of him. Kent was partners with John Davis, an integral part of BWA history and a dear friend of Spangler's. John Davis was the artistic and technical talent behind the first NPFF and did films such as Autumn Run which I think is circa 1982 about the Russell Fork.

Spangler provides us with a wealth of history, which is invaluable to us and will allow many future generations of BWAers be able to tell or know the BWA story. And, I count him as one of my dearest of friends and truly my brother. Rivers and river sports got us there. Hope it does the same for all of you because I feel blessed.
Brent
November 14, 2017 09:41AM
True that. Spangler often works in the relative shadows, but without him I don't know if our newsletter would have even survived to this point. I know I've disappointed him many times with weak promises of an article that didn't materialize, but he always finds ways to fill it out and turn it out. It's something a lot of folks don't think about, but the newsletter serves as a history of the BWA. Want to know what happened when? Look through the newsletter archives. Want to know who was treasurer in 1996... you get the idea.

Here's to you Don Senior, and your tireless efforts on behalf of the BWA.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
November 16, 2017 06:58PM
For people that don't know all the club news letters from 1998 forward are accessible on the club website. Click on the newsletter tab and you will see them.

Joe W.
November 17, 2017 09:02PM
Absolutely. I am proud to count Don as a friend and can't thank him enough for all he's done for me and this club. I've always trusted his advice, always respected his wisdom and count any day I see Don as a good day.

Bob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.