Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BWA / Vikings Summer Party this coming weekend.

Posted by xsubdude99 
BWA / Vikings Summer Party this coming weekend.
August 06, 2017 11:41AM
Hi All,

Just a reminder that this coming weekend is the BWA / Vikings Summer Party. Free camping will be available as early as Thursday night for club members at the same campground we've had the past couple of years. (Directions at bottom of post) .

Dinner will start at 8:00 on Saturday night with the club providing the main course. ( Catfish and Pulled Pork from the Ocoee Dam Deli) and everyone is encouraged to bring sides to share.

As in the past, the Dick Bradfield Memorial Race will start at approximately 6:00 p.m. with the meet-up promptly at 5:00 p.m. at the middle put-in on Saturday and the awards ceremony will be at the campground after dinner.

Volunteers: Although this party pretty much runs itself I would like to get a volunteer to bring down 3 tables from the storage shed, whatever paper plates, napkins and plastic silverware we have there and the BWA sign. I would also like to get one other person to act as an assistant for this event. There won't be much to do for this person but something may come up, like helping to get firewood or whatever. Thanks in advance.

About this location: For those that have not attended this event before, the Ocoee River location has been chosen because it provides the perfect spot for just about every skill set. The upper and middle sections of the Ocoee provide really good paddling for class 3 and 4 boaters and the nearby Hiwassee River provides a more relaxing class 2 river run for those just wanting to relax for a nice summer time paddle.

Directions: The campground itself is located 100 yards before Ocoee Outdoors which is located at 1985 Hwy 64, Old Copper Rd, 37307 Benton, TN. The campground is seldom used, private and provides restrooms and a bathhouse. In the past, bears have been spotted in the vicinity, although their have been no specific sightings that I know of as of yet this year but please take precautions when storing food and garbage.
Attachments:
open | download - Map 1.jpg (68.3 KB)
open | download - Map 2.jpg (90 KB)
Re: BWA / Vikings Summer Party this coming weekend.
August 06, 2017 07:43PM
I would like to encourage everyone to bring their own plates, cups, utensils to reduce the amount of landfill-bound stuff we create. We like to portray kayaking as an environmentally friendly sport, but just like most other people, tend to default to what is easy or convenient.
We all camp -- we should all have our own stuff. Just sayin'.
-Zina
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.