Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Little River levels - Elkmont section

Posted by kblack 
Little River levels - Elkmont section
July 11, 2017 09:27AM
I realize that if the boat floats anything can be paddled but what is the minimum "comfortable" level for the Elkmont section of the Little river without scraping so much and having enough water that there is some interest? AW states 2.8. Is this petty much the level to stick with?

Kevin
Re: Little River levels - Elkmont section
July 13, 2017 12:59PM
Kevin,
I think so. Although, I don't go up there unless it is 3.2 so I have not done it at the AW minimum. But I know the river pretty well. There is wood down in there currently so if we do get a runnable level, keep your eye out. Much of it you can see from the road. The Sinks section to Elbow is not too bad, but if we ever get a high flow, there will be a bunch of wood and root balls moving around that could be problematic. 2.8 is a great level for the Sinks to Elbow section btw.
Brent
Re: Little River levels - Elkmont section
July 13, 2017 03:34PM
Thanks Brent. My wife and I are taking our little one camping at Elkmont and I though I would try some sections in that area while I'm there since I've never been on the Little. The levels have been low (as I'm sure you're aware of). Just was hoping the AW minimum is a bit conservative.

....but of course most any time on the water regardless of levels is a good time.

Kevin
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.