Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there a Summer party at the Ocoee this year?

Posted by brentaustin 
Is there a Summer party at the Ocoee this year?
July 10, 2017 09:24PM
Is the Dick Bradfield race going to happen at some point in time this summer? Trying to calendar stuff.

Brent
Re: Is there a Summer party at the Ocoee this year?
July 11, 2017 12:32AM
Hey Brent! Yes, per the Steering Committee meeting last week, the BWA Summer Party will be held on the wkend of August 11th, 12th, and 13th hopefully at the same campground we've been using. Bob will most likely make the official post and we will be voting on how much $$ to allow for the party at the meeting tonight.

As for the Dick Bradfield Ocoee race, of course the show must go on! Last year we had a record 40-something competitors! Due to my surgery and ongoing recovery, I am returning the race back into the hands of the original race founder, Mr Justin Bolender. He and I spoke this past wkend and he agreed to take on the race organization this year. Depending on the speed of my recovery, I may help out as best I can. I believe Fred Wilson is going to be able to make it this year to give Delaney a run for his money haha. I'm sure there may be others vying for that top spot. We'll see how it all shakes out and if Fred is up for the challenge of taking the Speeder down the Ocoee, no easy task I can assure you! Interestingly, and not coincidently after crushing the Vikings this past year in the Not-NPFF Race, there are at least 5 Vikings that now own Speeders lol. We'll see if they have the cajones to get them out on the Ocoee!

Clay
July 11, 2017 04:34PM
Yes, as Clay said, on the weekend of August 12th, there will be a Summer Party this year and it will be held at the same campground at Ocoee Outdoors that we've held it at for the past 2 years. Right now, plans are to have the meats catered by the Ocoee Dam Deli for a dinner on Saturday Night and all are requested to bring a side dish to share with others. As plans firm up more I'll keep you informed.

Bob
July 13, 2017 12:55PM
Ok, thanks. Let me see if I can juggle a conflict that I have on that weekend - durn it. Always a good time at this race and party. Been thinking of Scott some lately is what brought to my mind. Miss that boy.

Can't see everything posted here very well til the email feature is working again so I thought I missed the announcement.

Brent
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.