Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BWA monthly meeting will be this Tuesday, July 11th at Elkhorn Acres! Read inside info about this months program!

Posted by clay_Warren 
BWA monthly meeting will be this Tuesday, July 11th at Elkhorn Acres! Read inside info about this months program!
July 07, 2017 05:18PM
Hear ye hear ye, the new BWA Steering Committee would like to cordially invite you to our monthly meeting coming up this Tuesday, July 11th at Elkhorn Acres (AW Acres).

The meeting will begin around 7:30, with the BWA providing the grill along with hot dogs and burgers, and maybe a few fixins. We would love it if a few of you fine folks would graciously bring a few side items (either bought or home-made) to share with everybody.

Right now it looks like the Elkhorn will have a boatable flow in her, and the weather looks promising as a nice night for a cook-out. By all means, come out and paddle and show up at the take-out hungry! Even though we'll start the meeting roughly around 7:30, don't worry if you're a little late from paddling, we'll still be there.

The program for this month is a topic I think we will all find beneficial and potentially learn a few things from. I am determined to have a year of programs revolving around river safety and paddling technique. These will not be lectures, but will focus on group participation and input. I/we hope that we may help all levels of kayakers be a bit more knowledgeable and prepared for those unintended moments when the shit goes down.

This month, without the aid of an A/V source, we will cover the following topics: River hazards, especially those pertaining to the creeks and rivers here in Central KY and how we deal with those, we will also go over hand signals that all kayakers should know, and if time permits, we will discuss preparedness...especially as it pertains to the trip leader (or the most experienced kayaker in the group). Again, it will be an open forum with group participation paramount.

So come on out and meet your new Steering Committee! We want to try to make the meeting fun and maybe a little educational. We certainly want to welcome any of our newer members to come out and introduce yourself! I hear the roll sessions have been drawing a good crowd and I know for a fact we've signed up a ton of new members here recently.

Cheers,
Clay Warren (your new Program Director)
Re: BWA monthly meeting will be this Tuesday, July 11th at Elkhorn Acres! Read inside info about this months program!
July 10, 2017 10:21AM
Excited about the program Clay is putting on at this months club meeting. This would also be a good time to renew your membership if you want to do so in person. I'll be grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, and veggie burgers. Please bring a side to share if you have time. Weather is looking awesome and there should be some water if anyone wanted to get a run in.

Best Regards,

Koebs

BWA
President
Mobile: (502) 370-1289
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.