Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need advice from play boaters

Posted by MeganP 
Need advice from play boaters
July 06, 2017 06:16PM
I have inherited Jason's brand new MonStar. I sat in it in the driveway and was shocked at how big it is, but according to the specs, I'm only a few pounds underweight for it.

Since I have never had a play boat, I was surprised to see that it doesn't have a bulk head in it. My question is, what do I need to do to make this boat surf ready? What, if anything, should my feet be on? What about hip and knee pads? What do you always do before taking a new play boat out?

Any help would be great, thanks!

-MeganL
Re: Need advice from play boaters
July 09, 2017 08:23AM
I use a combination of foam blocks and Jackson happy feet in my boat. The foam is to remove the need to air up the happy feet. I like having the bean bags to give my feet flexibility to move.

Joe W.
July 27, 2017 03:49PM
Some love the Happy Feet, some foam. I prefer the JK foam block, which can be adjusted with additional foam for a solid, comfortable platform. I love having it in the the right place and rock solid without fiddling every time I get in. Once I found the right thickness and number of foam pieced I needed I glued them together for solidity. I liked the HF in my first Allstar (using a piece of foam in the very end to move it closer which I guess is similar to what Joe suggested), but couldn't get comfortable with it in my second gen Allstar.

Wes
July 27, 2017 06:48PM
Megan, I have a lot of foam blocks and pieces at my house from when I was building a bulkhead. Let me know if you want some. Or anyone else.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.