Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smileys with beer The Bylaws have PASSED smileys with beer

Posted by xsubdude99 
smileys with beer The Bylaws have PASSED smileys with beer
June 29, 2017 05:28PM
Hi All,

After 40 years the BWA finally has a new set of bylaws. As a testament to what we can do as a group and the fact that everyone was given the opportunity to have their voices heard and their input counted, the new bylaws passed by a very comfortable margin ( +18) and without a single "No" vote.

Although I would like to thank the entire Club for pulling together and making this happen, in particular I would like to thank the group of former BWA Presidents, Vice Presidents, NPFF Directors, and Club Officers that got together and hammered out the details of the original proposal.

Although many people gave me credit for the wording of the new bylaws, I would like to thank our very own silver tongued legal eagle, Brent Austin for sitting through much debate and revision after revision and putting our thoughts to paper. With only a few exceptions the wording survived the editing process and 2 months of club debate.

I'd like to thank Clay Warren for his advice and hard work through this entire process. Clay has been involved from the very beginning including multiple discussions from his hospital bed the day after his surgery.

I'd like to thank Don Perkins for lighting the fire that started this entire thing, and a great big thanks to Kyle Koeberlien, the new President of the BWA, who not only answered the call to beat the bushes for votes but beat the bushes like they were on fire, almost singlehandedly driving in the last 30+ votes when everyone was getting tired of hearing from me. Although I had no doubts before, I know for a fact the club will be in good hands with Kyle.

Although I’m sure I have, if I left anyone out I apologize. Great job to each and every one of you for sticking through this process, it's been a tough one at times, but with a new set of bylaws that will see us far into the future as well as one that we can be proud of, it’s been a process that's been more than worth the effort.

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2017 05:38PM by xsubdude99.
Re: smileys with beer The Bylaws have PASSED smileys with beer
June 30, 2017 09:53PM
Great work!

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
July 01, 2017 01:44PM
Excellent legacy, Bob, and the rest of the steering committee! Thanks for your hard work.

-Z
July 03, 2017 08:30AM
thumbs up Congratulations Bob, and all involved. thumbs up

Robert Milgate

"One fish, two fish
Red fish blue fish"
July 27, 2017 03:58PM
Thanks to Bob, Clay and others that put in the effort to make this finally happen!

Wes
July 28, 2017 01:14PM
Agreed. Good job everyone, and especially Bob for focusing on this project like a laser.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.