Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On my last day, thank you.

Posted by xsubdude99 
On my last day, thank you.
June 12, 2017 08:18PM
On this, my last full day in office I wanted to thank you for the chance to lead this amazing organization. During my time as President I’ve had my share of successes and failures but in my heart, I believe I’ve always tried to do what was best for the club. I’ve tried to keep us true to our roots and yet keep an eye on the future.

Although I’ve grown to depend on all of you for your advice and input, there are a few that I would like to thank. First and foremost, my wife Megan. She’s listened to my lame brained ideas and worked hard to help me make them a reality. She’s been my toughest critic, my strongest ally and the one person that I depend on the most. To the Mello’s, especially my long serving and hardworking Vice President, Brandy Mello, you’ve spoken the truth from your heart, you’ve touched with magic every event I’ve undertaken, you’ve been a loyal friend and I can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done. To Brent, Clay, the Grimes’s, Robert and Zina, Chief, Mike, Hanley and one of the clubs founding fathers, Don, you have been the people whose advice I’ve come to depend on in both good times and bad and whose wisdom has been an inspiration. You’ve had my back, you’ve held my hand and on occasion, you’ve each kicked me in the ass and I can’t thank you enough for that.

One thing I know I share with every other BWA President is that we all share the desire to pass the club off to good hands, and I think that’s exactly what’s happened. Now that the nominations are closed I know for sure that Kyle Koeberlein will be the next President of the BWA. His Steering Committee is made up of seasoned veterans and newer boaters with the one thing we need, a lot of fresh ideas, and there’s not a single one of them I’m worried about.

I know Kyle to be hard working, smart, able and as someone that cares deeply about the club. I’m sure he will encounter many of the same problems I have but will leave his own stamp on the club and plot courses that I’ve not even thought about. Congratulations Kyle, you have my full support and if I can help with anything just let me know. The only advice I can offer is to never forget where we came from. Honor those that came before you, foster those that will follow and above all else, don’t ever forget that you are the caretaker of this club, it’s members and its history. Good luck, I know you will do great.

Thanks again everyone, you are truly an amazing group of people and I can’t thank you enough for your support, it has been a true honor to have served. Now let's go boating dammit.

Bob
Re: On my last day, thank you.
June 12, 2017 09:26PM
You've done a fantastic job during your tenures as both VP and President. Thanks for all your hard work. It has not gone unnoticed

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
June 13, 2017 08:34AM
Thanks for everything, Bob!
Catch you on the river soon...perhaps at the Pigeon or Ocoee this weekend?!
Best,
John
June 13, 2017 09:12AM
Bob! You're such an asset to the boating community! You did such a tremendous job as president and as VP. Thank you from the bottom of my cold, rotten heart!

love,
bethany (or beverly or whatever)
June 13, 2017 10:33AM
No, no boating for you, you have a party to plan Mr. Past President.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Ace
June 13, 2017 04:19PM
Bob,
You have really done an outstanding job over the past couple years.

The biggest problem I see is that no one else besides you has the consistent ability to make it rain simply by scheduling a meeting at AW Acres. I think you should use your last few hours of executive power to schedule a once-a-week meeting for the rest of summer.
June 13, 2017 05:07PM
Linda and Britt. Thank you for your support, your well thought out suggestions and your calls. Hopefully you've noticed that I've really paid attention when you've had an idea. You are two awesome individuals, hopefully we can spend some time together soon.

John, Dude, you are burning it up. You are a hell of a guy with a good head on your shoulders. Let's hit something soon and you can teach me how to boat again. winking smiley

Bethany, thanks for the kind words and your continued friendship. You have been a rock during hard times, a real support when we needed it and an awesome individual with one of the warmest hearts of anyone I know. Love you my friend.

Hanley, Hanley, Hanley. You are an amazing individual whose advice has always struck home. Thank you for all you do for the club and above all else, thank you for the guidance I've always found wise to follow. Happy Birthday Hanley.

Ben, a true man of mystery and surprises. You've hit the nail on the head with that one. I can't understand why I've spent so much time chasing rain when all I've ever had to do was schedule a meeting. Forecast for meeting time is to be clear in Frankfort by the way. Say hello to your lovely wife and kids, you are a real asset to the club and I've always liked having you all here.

Bob
June 13, 2017 07:12PM
It's definitely raining on me in my car on the way right now

Ben Mudd
BWA Treasurer
June 14, 2017 08:49AM
Thank you for your outstanding service Bob and above all the controversial moments where I was reminded this ain't a bridge club lol. I can only hope Kyle will raise my eyebrows a few times as well! winking smiley

Wes
June 14, 2017 10:17AM
I'm excited about being a part of history and helping the club move forward with it's best interest in mind. It gives me piece of mind to know I have you to look to for guidance and an awesome steering committee to work with. I'll give it all I have to live up to your legacy.

Kyle Koeberlein
June 14, 2017 01:02PM
xsubdude99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... Hanley, Hanley, Hanley....

I'm the one in the middle you drunken slob. ;-)

Seriously though, thank you for the kind words. I've tried to be more than just a pain in your a$$ over the last two years, haven't always succeeded there, but you've always been a receptive listener and a proactive president, expanding your duties far beyond what is required. Can't ask for much more than that.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
June 16, 2017 11:00AM
I love you Bob Larkin and what a great pres you have been! You have brought back the rendezvous to its glory among many other good- no great - things for the BWA! Can't say enough about you, Megan, Mellowfellow, B Randy, and All the others actively involved during your tenture! Great work to all!

B. J. - Kayak Bum and river guide.
June 16, 2017 12:30PM
Added note: As far as any "mistakes" made, my grandpa used to tell me when I was very young and I would not do things perfect on the farm and would get down on myself- he would say, "Boy, the only people that don't make mistakes are people that don't do nothin'!

B. J.- Kayak Bum and river guide
June 16, 2017 03:29PM
BJ,

Thank you brother, we certainly gave it our best shot, as I know the next band of misfits will. See you on the river soon my friend.
Bob
June 18, 2017 02:13PM
Bob,
Thanks a ton for all the time & energy you spent making our boating spirit bigger and better, a huge thanks as well to the other officers and members who work so hard for a common goal. It takes a tribe to make things happen. Our BWA tribe is the best out there in my book. I wouldn't switch to any club anywhere for what we have here. You all are the best!
They call me Bruce
June 18, 2017 07:58PM
And from the other half of the Power Couple:

Be proud of the job you have done. You have done well and your legacy will be evident for years to come. You have kept things moving, evidence of your awareness that if there is no movement, stagnation quickly occurs.

Thank you for all you have done, and that includes the team that worked with you. And not once was a raise in pay requested.

Dallas

Tattooed and Retired
June 19, 2017 07:23PM
Damn,

Thanks guys. Considering my start, I'm actually pretty satisfied with my time in office, it was an amazing honor for sure but along with a great Steering Committee and a whole lot of help from Megan I think we got a whole lot done. Not every step was perfect but who's is, but as a group, and I mean ALL of us, we faced some unique challenges over the past 2 years and I think we weathered it all fairly well. I didn't mean my post to sound like I felt bad about my time in office, just the opposite, I think as a group we did as good or better than could be expected, I just really wanted to thank everyone for taking a chance on me and for the opportunity. It really was an honor.

Bob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.