Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roll Instruction Tutorial

Posted by Hanleyk1 
Roll Instruction Tutorial
June 12, 2017 03:14PM
There have been several discussions lately about having some instruction for folks wanting to instruct at the roll sessions. Several of the new guard boaters are stepping up or have expressed interest in stepping up, but want some help getting started. It has always been my opinion that if you know how to roll, or at least understand the basics, then you can teach someone else to roll a kayak.

With that in mind, tomorrow before the meeting I'll be teaching a one-hour "How to teach kayak rolling" tutorial. Emphasis will be on keeping it simple, calming your student and promoting self-confidence. Trust me, it's easier than you probably think.

I'll post some material here later tonight and I'll be at Elkhorn Acres by around 6:00 PM tomorrow evening. Hope to see some folks there. (I'm lookin' at you Storzie).

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Re: Roll Instruction Tutorial
June 13, 2017 09:46AM
Feedback about this has indicated that the short notice and time are not conducive to anybody at all showing up. Therefore I'm going to cancel this event. However, I plan on being in the parking lot of the Tates Creek Aquatic Center by 7:00 PM on Thursday with material ready to go. So, if anyone wants a quick tutorial on how to teach kayak rolling, show up early Thursday and we'll have a little informal class.

Hope to see some folks there. Have a good day everyone.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
June 14, 2017 02:12PM
Hanley,
This is great and plan on being at the pool at 7.

Thanks,
Kyle Koeberlein
Mobile: (502) 370-1289
June 14, 2017 04:05PM
I will be there as soon as possible tomorrow, but I'm buying a trailer in Morehead around 6.

Robert W.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.