Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BWA Elections

Posted by xsubdude99 
BWA Elections
May 17, 2017 09:41PM
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in getting this out but I've been busy dealing with the loss of a friend and family member right at the moment. Anyway, here it is. At the June meeting we will be electing a new set of officers for the BWA Steering Committee. Although the election will take place at the next club meeting the official transfer of duties will not take place until the steering committee meeting in July. Anyway. Below you will find a list of the offices open for election and any nominations that were taken at the last club meeting will be posted in the attached document.

If you would like to run for office or nominate someone, you just need to be willing to serve and must say so. For now, this forum post will act as the primary means to keep track of the current elections. I will post as an attachment the current state of the election as often as possible. If you get nominated or want to run, make sure you post it here. I'll keep watching for updates. If for some reason you are nominated and don't see your name added to the list in a day or so, PM me and I'll update it.

At the current time, in order to be elected you must be an active member over the age of 18. As it stands right now, nominations will be open until the start of the next club meeting on 13th of June and you must be present to vote. I will try to have that changed at the next steering committee meeting to allow for online voting. Anyway, Here are the offices that will be open for election but please make sure to check the attached PDF to see the current state of nominations.

Thanks,
Bob

President
Vice President
Secretary
Treasurer
NPFF Director
Program Director
Safety Officer
Conservation Officer
Gear Sherpa
Membership Coordinator
Web Meister
Newsletter Editor
Member at Large
Attachments:
open | download - Current 2017 Officer Elections.pdf (337.2 KB)
Re: BWA Elections
May 17, 2017 10:13PM
And while I've got your attention.... Go to www.bwateeshirts.com and buy a tee shirt. I added another option with a front and back logo. We need to raise some funds and even if you don't know it, you need one of these shirts. Thank you to those that have already ordered, I'll get them out soon. Now go buy a tee shirt. www.bwateeshirts.com

Bob
May 18, 2017 09:09AM
For those of you just seeing this as an email, there's a document attached to the top post in this thread that lists the current nominees.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Ace
May 18, 2017 09:33AM
If anyone else wants the Secretary position I would gladly step aside and my wife would probably send you cookies or something.
We have a lot of kids activities at that time in the evening that probably makes me not the best candidate for the job
May 18, 2017 10:07AM
I have spoken to Brian Storz and hereby nominate him for secretary or member at large (his preference).

and I nominate Jansen for Conservation office so she can bring her kindness and enthusiasm (and probably Koeberlein) to the steering committee meetings!

MFW
May 18, 2017 06:46PM
Mike and Storz and Janson and Ben.

I already have Brian running as a nominee for Conservation Officer. Brian, would you like to run for both offices or would you like to pick one of the two to run for. Mike you also nominated Janson for Conservation Officer, Janson, do you agree to run for that?

Ben, you are a man of constant surprises and sound judgement and I would love to see you on the Steering Committee. I know you have a lot going on but during my years on the Steering Committee, so have I. Let me know if you want to withdrawl but other then that, you have my support and my vote.

Bob
Ace
May 19, 2017 09:57AM
I will withdraw when someone else accepts the nomination for secretary.
I accepted on the basis that I would do it as best I can if no one else wanted the position.
May 22, 2017 07:24PM
Are absentee ballots available?
Chief
May 23, 2017 06:31AM
They are not available yet but I'll make a proposal at the next Steering Committee meeting to allow for online voting.

Bob
May 23, 2017 01:01PM
Bob,

I would love to run for the conservation office and have the opportunity to be a part of the steering committee. My field of study is environmental science and may know a couple of organizations that would like to collaborate with us. Thanks for the nomination Mike smiling smiley.

Jansen
May 23, 2017 05:28PM
Thank you Jansen. I'll update the list
June 07, 2017 07:57PM
Howdy folks.

I would like to withdraw my name from nomination for BWA president. It was out of respect and love for the club that I accepted the nomination when Bob asked me to step up and it is out of that same love and respect that I'm stepping back down. : -) Frankly, I wouldn't be able to devote the time, attention, and energy required to maintain the club's momentum and guarantee a smooth and flawless transition into its next 40 years and onward. To do that you need an efficient, wise, practical, patient, and kind leader...you need a Sherpa. I hereby nominate my Sherpa and friend, Kyle Koeberlein for president of the BWA.

I hope to stay involved and will definitely help organize 'steering committee retreats' across the South East.

Yours knowingly,

Mike Fucking Wilson
June 07, 2017 08:24PM
I'd be honored to run for president and carry on the clubs momentum. I'll give it my best to live up to MFW's kind words and the extremely high bar set by Bob.

Best Regards,

Koebs

BWA
President
Mobile: (502) 370-1289
June 07, 2017 08:36PM
Mike,

I will second the nomination for Kyle because like you, he is a stand up individual that deeply cares about the club. Mike I've known you for a long time now, and there are several things I know for sure about you. I know your commitments and schedule have been a problem for you. I also know that missing meetings and club events is something that you feel very deeply and have even appologized for but being in China is something that I've always felt was a pretty rock solid excuse. Lastly I know that you are a solid individual that deeply cares about this club and the people in it.

I supported you for this position as I do Kyle, and when your schedule clears out and you can take it on without the crazy juggling act that you've been forced to handle, I'll support you for it again. Thank you for all your hard work over the years. You are loved, respected and a solid member of this family.

Bob
June 08, 2017 06:55PM
Folks,

First off I'd like to thank Ben Murphy for stepping up to take Secretary when I know that he already has a ton of stuff on his plate. Ben said he would do it if no one else would and I have no doubt that he would have done a great job. As it turns out, Janson Cunningham has decided to make a run for Secretary so Ben has stepped aside.

So I would like to nominate Jansen Cunningham for Secretary and I would also like to nominate Brian Storz for Conservation Officer.

Bob
June 08, 2017 07:52PM
"You must be shapeless, formless, like water..."

I second Jansen for secretary as well as Storzee for ConOfficer! Thank you all!
June 11, 2017 10:06PM
Hi All,

Just a heads up, nomination for office end tomorrow, Monday, at 6:30. At this rate, online voting and inperson voting will be unnecassary since none of the offices are being opposed. If you are planning on running for office, now would be the time to do it.

Also, if you have not voted for the bylaws change yet, please go ahead and do that too. Send an email to 2017bwabylaws@gmail.com put your name in the email and write "Yes" or "No". We are getting close on this so please cast you vote now.

Bob
June 12, 2017 07:41PM
Hi folks,

Well the nominations are closed. Since no offices are running as opposed then the motion will be made at tomorrows meeting to accept the offices as posted. You are free to vote as much as you'd like between now and tomorrow but as I said, there are no actual races to vote on. See you at tomorrows meeting at Elkhorn Acres. Congratulations to all those that have stepped up. I feel I leave the club in good hands.

Bob
Attachments:
open | download - Current 2017 Officer Elections.pdf (337.2 KB)
June 13, 2017 10:31AM
I second that sentiment. Good to see so much new blood in the officer corps.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.