Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Summer Pool Seesions

Posted by whummel 
Summer Pool Seesions
April 12, 2017 10:50AM
The first summer session falls on June 1st, the Thursday before the clinic. This could be an opportunity for instructors and students to meet at the pool or it might be to close to clinic. So should I keep the date or drop the first session?

Walt
Re: Summer Pool Seesions
April 12, 2017 10:53AM
I vote keep it! One to tune up just before clinic seems like a great idea.
Re: Summer Pool Seesions
April 12, 2017 11:55AM
In previous years the last rolling session was reserved for students and instructors to get together so instructors could make sure their students were properly outfitted and evaluate them to make sure they were in the right groups. Often students either don't represent themselves well on the application or gain additional experience between the time the app is sent in and the clinic.

I would propose that we keep the date, but that would require that we have the classlist out well in advance of that date. The classlist doesn't have to be finalized, it's usually changing up until Saturday morning at the clinic. That's okay. Getting it out early though allows the instructors to evaluate their students and suggest changes so that last moment changes and confusion can be minimized and some of the burden of figuring these things out is taken off of the VP and the lead instructor.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.