Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SWR 4/15-16 Registration

Posted by mfwilson 
SWR 4/15-16 Registration
March 28, 2017 08:29AM
lets try this again without the debate, i think i started 3 other posts for that and you can always find me on the internets. THIS post is about passing information and discussion related to folks participating IN the CLASS.

WHO: Jason Foley and the FIRST 12ish that register!

DATE: 4/15-16

TIME: 8-4 each day (tentatively, just make sure you are there friday night so you can be prepared Saturday morning)
bring lunch and be prompt, the more progress made = the more daylight left for a lap.

WHERE: Russell Fork (exact location TBD based on water conditions out of Haysi, we do not care about no damn dam)

CAMPING: There will be a group camped at the Breaks Interstate Park to minimize potential hassle and let the park peeps know we support them. Feel free to camp where you wish.

HOW:
[kentuckywhitewater.com]

Register and make down payment ($50)

$$$$: $125 (50+75)

Yours knowingly, smileys with beer

MFW
Re: SWR 4/15-16 Registration
April 07, 2017 10:56AM
BUMP!

an all star crew is gathering for a fabulous weekend in Elkhorn City. Come celebrate Eostre with us and dial up your swiftwater knowledge.

Holler if you have any questions

MFW
585-507-3853
April 07, 2017 01:41PM
Wish I could, got family things to do
April 12, 2017 01:48PM
BUMP!

after many requests, gnashing of teeth, literally years of discussion, AND OFFERED SUBSIDIES this class is happening this weekend, the weather is going to be killer, and we aren't full.

Fucking boaters SUCK sometimes.....eye rolling smiley

MFW
April 12, 2017 03:28PM
Looks like less than half full? I went ahead and paid off my balance. You can pass whatever subsidy I'd get on to Jason if he can't get others to fill up the class. Will leave it to your discretion.

Jr.
April 12, 2017 04:36PM
Just saying, there's like three or four people I know of who can't go despite really wanting to because this was scheduled on Easter weekend, either due to personal religious commitments or family obligations (Easter lunch is a big thing in my family, even though I'm not practicing myself). Maybe an unfortunate and unavoidable conflict, but I don't think that's us sucking . . .

mfwilson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BUMP!
>
> after many requests, gnashing of teeth, literally
> years of discussion, AND OFFERED SUBSIDIES this
> class is happening this weekend, the weather is
> going to be killer, and we aren't full.
>
> Fucking boaters SUCK sometimes.....eye rolling smiley
>
> MFW
April 12, 2017 04:52PM
Don: Thanks.

Ben. Don't know you yet, but this isn't just about you or your 3 other friends or easter. The whole process has been unnecessarily hard. Sign your posts.

MFW
April 12, 2017 05:09PM
Just suggesting a big part of why it's been hard, since you seem to be angry/frustrated about people not signing up. Also, sorry, didn't realize people actually still use email forum posting where signatures matter.
April 12, 2017 07:17PM
I use email to see all the posts. Signatures help.

In the meantime, MFW, welcome to life as a BWA officer and volunteer. Kinda a drag at times, but hey, wtf would we do without you and the others that have and will commit valuable time to an organization committed to what we love? As a crew, we all see that we are stronger together and that has been born out over 40 years, some of which were rough as hell and it seemed we had no help and nobody wanted to volunteer. You are a good man. Keep the faith. Go have a good time this weekend and don't regret a bit of what shakes. It is all good.
Brent
April 13, 2017 08:37AM
Ben: Not everyone uses the email, but it helps where the signals rough, and the Appalachian Sheikh does and that's enough for me. : -) Please?

Brent:
Thanks for the kind words brother, its been too long since we've gotten to paddle together or even hang. Ironic thing is I didn't set this up for me to go, but was super glad people were going to learn skills to help save my ass when I F up. That's why I wish more people were going! ;-)

We've currently got a great steering committee, and I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't been able to participate as much this year, but it seems we're making good progress in every regard, so that's pretty cool... ;-) All said, I hope to stay involved as I can moving forward...

I <3 the BWA long time!

MFW
April 13, 2017 08:44AM
Test to see if signature works this time . . .

BAM
April 13, 2017 10:07AM
What Brent said, and this is true for any all-volunteer group. 10% (or less) of the members do 90% (or more) of the volunteering. It's rough sometimes, you just have to take what you get and like it for what it is. You've still got another class coming up and it may be better attended.

Ben, email or no, not everyone knows who Bamudd or BAM is (or MFW or MFWilson for that matter) and you both have your name hidden on your forum profiles. If I didn't know who you two were I'd have to go do some detective work in the member directory, which I've done on a number of occasions, but that gets really old after a while.

I stopped harassing folks about signatures on their post a while back. Do as you will, but it is nice and helpful if you make it clear who you are. Things get really thick here sometimes and having your actual name in a signature helps folks know who is posting without having to work for it.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
April 13, 2017 10:09AM
PS: I read all these posts in emails. Username shows up as "Author:", but that doesn't necessarily tell me who is posting.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
April 13, 2017 09:09PM
class is canceled check your email regarding your refund if you were a signed up student
April 14, 2017 11:38AM
thanks for trying jason. SYOTR

MFW
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.