Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Drumming, Firespinning and more this weekend

Posted by brentaustin 
Drumming, Firespinning and more this weekend
March 17, 2017 10:31AM
Yes, this weekend is our annual Equinox festivities and we will be, starting tonight, drumming, dancing and firespinning while hopefully getting some boating in tomorrow and Sunday. Right now, they are calling for heavy rain tonight and it is sprinkling on my head now. We are going to tarp up the Fire Circle off of the Pavilion and have plenty of dry space. Lows tonight are supposed to be 50 degrees. Highs tomorrow around 63 degrees. If we do get the rain tonight, the Little is nice and prime. I was just on it last week with my buddy John Regan. See photo. If you plan to come, please let me know in advance as we will have quite the crowd, many of whom were rolling in last night, and it is an entry donation of $20 or work trade, mostly dealing with collecting cut up wood around the Grotto where all activities will be this weekend when we are off river. Oh, and the Pigeon runs almost every morning between about 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. if early birds want to get the worm.

Spring Equinox! Embrace balance!

Brent
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1402.JPG (2.6 MB)
Re: Drumming, Firespinning and more this weekend
March 18, 2017 07:43AM
Ok, morning report from the Smokies. I have 1.25 inches of rain in my gauge overnight. Things will be rocking here today and tomorrow. Wes is coming. We will have options for the next few days. Finally, a good solid overnight rain. Fire is still going in the Grotto, tarp city is up. I went to bed and got rest, so there will be a bunch of boating for me today, followed by a night of celebrating spring. Tomorrow will be boating too. Guaranteed. Wish the Little gauge was working. Been down since 9 p.m. yesterday. Good morning BWAlandia!
Brent
March 20, 2017 11:33AM
Wearing all black and green, that must be Johnny Regan. Boat's the wrong color, but he's been known to drop away from his color scheme occasionally when he likes the boat well enough.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
March 20, 2017 03:11PM
Didn't get down there til late but managed to get in a run on lower Big Creek at 3.8ish befroe partying down at Brent's. It was a hoe down! Karen and I had a great time - drumming til 2 am when I had to call it because I only got 3 hrs sleep on the drive down. Last I saw Brent was going strong at 2am ... can't remember ever going bed before Brent lol. Karen said drumming was going on til dawn - that's a party! Little was at a great flow yesterday but didn't see anyone I knew and wasn't feeling up to paddling with strangers so we went for a nice hike up Griegs Creek trail. I had some carnage on Lower Big Creek ... with a swim after a big pourover experience because I was totally beat and out of breath going into the rapid. Time to get back in shape for Spring boating,

Wes
March 24, 2017 04:29PM
Wes,
I think I know the hole you are talking about. You were on it at a chunky level. It was great to have you here drumming with us. I am sorry I did not get to boat with you Saturday as I was already off river by 4:20. But, I will see you at the Cheoah tomorrow. Not sure yet what I am paddling Sunday. Something, but probably not a 600 level Cheoah...
Brent
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.