Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SWR Training Subsidy Program

Posted by xsubdude99 
SWR Training Subsidy Program
March 16, 2017 08:06PM
Hi All,

There's been a lot of talk about the club offering a subsidy for both of the SWR classes that Mike is putting together this year. As you know, we had originally planned just one class and had planned to offer a subsidy for it but during the recent Steering Committee meeting we decided, due to the backlog of students, that we would offer a class in the Spring as well.

First off, I'd like to make a couple of points; The first being, as Bethany pointed out in another post, $125.00 is a great deal for a SWR class. They can normally run as much as $300.00 or more but Jason Foley is one awesome guy and as usual, is taking care of us. The second point I'd like to make is that, this class was added at the last minute and there is only a little room in the budget to subsidize this class as much as we would like to. We all understand the importance of this class and want to do what we can to get as many people trained, but the facts are the facts. With that said, we will be offing a subsidy for this class on a "need" basis.

For "this" class, the subsidy that was authorized during the last club meeting will work like this;

1. The club will pay up to $75.00 per student, IF the student requests this subsidy. The program only has a set amount of funds that we are drawing from other pre-approved events in order to make this happen, so if we don't have to spend it, we won't.

2. The objective of this program is to remove the financial burden and make it easier for everyone to attend, regardless of means. If you don't need the assistance, please save it for others that do.

3. In order to make sure that these funds are available to as many people as possible, one stipulation of this program is that if you request funds, you will still be required to pay the $50.00 deposit first, and that deposit will be non-refundable.

4. The club has set aside $800.00 for this program. As the math will tell you. $800 at $75.00 per person doesn't add up, so this program really is meant to relieve the burden on those that need it. The second class will be fully funded, meaning that there will still be a cost to attend but the subsidy program for that class will extend to all, regardless of means.

5. To request funds, just send me an email at BWApresident@gmail.com If you don't want the full $75.00 subsidy, just let me know how much you would like, and I'll make sure it's available for you. Also know that any responses I get will be kept strictly confidential. We all have bills and we all have things we’d like to do and sometimes those things conflict with each other. Personally, I want as many of you to take the course as possible, so please sign up.

6. Lastly, if anyone would like to donate to make this subsidy program go further, just let me know. If so, and we get a lot of people requesting the subsidy, I’ll make sure more people get a chance to use it. If not that many request the subsidy, I’ll make sure it gets applied to everyone’s overall cost evenly. Anyway, if you’d like to donate to this program, let me know via the email above and we’ll work out the details.

SYOTR,
Bob
Re: SWR Training Subsidy Program
March 17, 2017 11:54AM
I don't have a problem paying w/o subsidy. I'd be tickled if I can finally get in one (April 15) that I don't have a scheduling conflict with. Seems to me the club has been way generous to subsidy this...to the tune of the equivalent of 3 years or more of membership fees per person. I understand how important it is, though, so no complaints. Seems like the required equipment if you didn't have it added to the class. Throw rope, z-drag gear, and appropriate clothing for April. Not sure if the z-drag gear is required for every student. I think I've picked up all the gear now, but others may need some.

Jr.
Re: SWR Training Subsidy Program
March 18, 2017 08:37PM
Thanks Bob for your additional consideration on the issue of subsidizing this training for those that need assistance.

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.