swiftwater training

Posted by mfwilson 
swiftwater training
March 14, 2017 05:34PM
first, and foremost,

hot smiley RABBLE!!! hot smiley

secondly,
short term.

class with jason foley, once we confirm a date, a website will go live and roberts my fathers sister's husband (seriously)

long term
another, subsidized class, something in warmer months post clinic

this was driven by information presented to steering committee.

Personal views:
the trainings worth it,
we need two classes anyway based on the 31 responses on forum and Facebook.
we should maybe think about scholarships if not across the board subsidies long term.

i love how passionate we can all be when we pay attention! smileys with beer

MFW
Re: swiftwater training
March 15, 2017 08:51AM
Mike,
I am in
Chief
March 15, 2017 09:17AM
If there's a backlog of students whats the incentive for people to rush to fill this class if the know a subsidized class will be offered later? Can you split the subsidy between the two classes?

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
March 15, 2017 11:28AM
I'm interested in SWR training as well. It's been about 5 years since I had it.

I'm all for subsidies if the club has cash; I think it's a great use of funds.
I would like to point out, however, that $125 is a hell of a deal that's being offered through Foley.

If you were to sign up for a SWR class online through NOC or other outfitters, it's anywhere from $235 to $300. I think that's pertinent information.

Thanks for setting this up MFW!

love,
bethany (or beverly or whatever)
March 15, 2017 01:38PM
Mike,

I cannot make the end of April, since I will be out of town, but would like to secure a spot in the summer class led by you. How can I secure my participation. Bob (Larkin) mentioned yesterday that I could pay a down payment, but I do not see how.
Jurgen
March 16, 2017 08:01AM
I am into a class in the summer!
March 16, 2017 04:11PM
Count Me In Mike.

Doug
March 16, 2017 08:04PM
Hi All,

There's been a lot of talk about the club offering a subsidy for both of the SWR classes that Mike is putting together this year. As you know, we had originally planned just one class and had planned to offer a subsidy for it but during the recent Steering Committee meeting we decided, due to the backlog of students, that we would offer a class in the Spring as well.

First off, I'd like to make a couple of points; The first being, as Bethany pointed out in another post, $125.00 is a great deal for a SWR class. They can normally run as much as $300.00 or more but Jason Foley is one awesome guy and as usual, is taking care of us. The second point I'd like to make is that, this class was added at the last minute and there is only a little room in the budget to subsidize this class as much as we would like to. We all understand the importance of this class and want to do what we can to get as many people trained, but the facts are the facts. With that said, we will be offing a subsidy for this class on a "need" basis.

For "this" class, the subsidy that was authorized during the last club meeting will work like this;

1. The club will pay up to $75.00 per student, IF the student requests this subsidy. The program only has a set amount of funds that we are drawing from other pre-approved events in order to make this happen, so if we don't have to spend it, we won't.

2. The objective of this program is to remove the financial burden and make it easier for everyone to attend, regardless of means. If you don't need the assistance, please save it for others that do.

3. In order to make sure that these funds are available to as many people as possible, one stipulation of this program is that if you request funds, you will still be required to pay the $50.00 deposit first, and that deposit will be non-refundable.

4. The club has set aside $800.00 for this program. As the math will tell you. $800 at $75.00 per person doesn't add up, so this program really is meant to relieve the burden on those that need it. The second class will be fully funded, meaning that there will still be a cost to attend but the subsidy program for that class will extend to all, regardless of means.

5. To request funds, just send me an email at BWApresident@gmail.com If you don't want the full $75.00 subsidy, just let me know how much you would like, and I'll make sure it's available for you. Also know that any responses I get will be kept strictly confidential. We all have bills and we all have things we’d like to do and sometimes those things conflict with each other. Personally, I want as many of you to take the course as possible, so please sign up.

6. Lastly, if anyone would like to donate to make this subsidy program go further, just let me know. If so, and we get a lot of people requesting the subsidy, I’ll make sure more people get a chance to use it. If not that many request the subsidy, I’ll make sure it gets applied to everyone’s overall cost evenly. Anyway, if you’d like to donate to this program, let me know via the email above and we’ll work out the details.

SYOTR,
Bob
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.