Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"NPFF Volunteer Sign Up--LIVE" hot smiley

Posted by kyjim 
"NPFF Volunteer Sign Up--LIVE" hot smiley
February 02, 2017 11:14PM
NPFF Volunteer Sign up Live

Click on the link to see up to date info on volunteer Sign up times!

You can now sign up to volunteer at the National Paddling Film Festival! It truly takes a village to pull off this festival and the BWA has singlehandedly done it for over 35 years. Because of you all, the volunteers, we've been able to have successful festivals which have enabled us to donate over $158,000 to organizations dedicated to river conservation and access (mainly AW, but loads of other great non-profits as well). We really need your help to pull off the 2017 festival. Please indicate which shift(s) you'd like to take and KY Jim will update the sign up sheet accordingly. The number following the shift time is the number of volunteers we need for that shift.

*****Please note********The front desk shifts are the most imperative shifts. We'd love to see those fill up first. Additionally, the silent auction close out is always a desperately needed shift.

Volunteers get $10 off the ticket price and the warm fuzzy feeling in their hearts that they've made a difference in this world.
Thanks a million!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 11:28AM by kyjim.
Re: "NPFF Volunteer Sign Up--LIVE" hot smiley
February 03, 2017 08:07AM
Magic Mike Kitchen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 11:29AM by kyjim.
February 03, 2017 09:47AM
Just a heads up that films start @ 5:30 on Friday and 6pm on Saturday.

barryg
February 03, 2017 10:04AM
Put me down for 5:00 to 7:00 door on Friday and 9:00 to 10:30 silent auction on Saturday.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
February 03, 2017 10:14AM
I just noticed we added BWA Booth to the schedule this year.

_

Hanley Loller

--Rickie Dale Larson
February 03, 2017 11:13AM
NPFF Volunteer sign up LIVE!

This is the google doc that will have the up to date volunteer sign up on it, check it out and get on it, you bad ass boaters!!!!!!!!!!smileys with beer

Same Volunteer doc seen at top of Thread

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 11:31AM by kyjim.
February 03, 2017 12:10PM
Put me down for cleanup Friday night.

Wes
February 04, 2017 04:33PM
Robert and I will help with Auction closeout Saturday night.
Unfortunately, we're unavailable at all on Friday. sad smiley

He's not going to be able to contribute chili this year, either.

-Zina
February 06, 2017 08:25AM
Npff is quickly approaching let's get the positions filled up this week.

To Boof or not to Boof? What was the question? Why dont you use your name on your Signature?
February 06, 2017 02:06PM
Hi folks,
Just a quick plug for NPFF and the folks who make it happen. Especially for those of you who are new/newish to the club. The National Paddling Film Festival (www.npff.org) is an event that the BWA has been putting on since the early 80s. It's the largest grassroots film festival of its kind in the paddle sport world--and we're responsible for it!

We've continued the tradition for so many years for 2 reasons:
1) To showcase the best in paddlesport films and still images and
2) To raise money for organizations dedicated to river conservation and access

We've donated over $158,000 to non-profits over the years. We're immensely proud of that. But we can't do it without folks on the ground the weekend of the festival. It truly takes all of us pulling together to make this happen.

If you're a part of the BWA, please donate some time and take on a volunteer shift or two or three to help us out.
I'm looking at you BWA veterans as well. Please help us out. We've been working hard behind the scenes and have a really great lineup of films this year!

Thanks a million!

love,
bethany (or beverly or whatever)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 02:11PM by bethany.
February 06, 2017 03:55PM
Silent Auction Set up on Friday 3-5 for
Britt Lindstrom
Linda Tribble
Richard Edwards

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
February 06, 2017 10:15PM
Hey Kyjim, it's spelled Z - i-n-a

thanks.

-Zina
February 07, 2017 04:06PM
Silent Auction Closeout: Britt will be overseeing the closeout process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 09:17PM by Brittski.
February 07, 2017 08:24PM
Still need plenty of people to do shifts, let's help make this another great NPFF!
February 08, 2017 01:14PM
KY Jim,
Put me at the gate on Saturday at a time when you need me.
Chief
February 09, 2017 09:09AM
Talked to Britt, please put Sarah and I on for auction close out Saturday
February 09, 2017 11:50AM
Sign me up for Friday night front desk 5:00 - 7:00 and Saturday BWA booth 7:00 - 9:00.
February 09, 2017 11:22PM
Also, you can volunteer for a shift by emailing KYJim at VolNPFF@BluegrassWildwater.org

_

Hanley Loller

--Rickie Dale Larson
February 10, 2017 09:17AM
Hoping to see some of our old school BWA brothers and sisters show up to lend a helping hand. Bruce, Dallas, Sipple, y'all got yer ears on? Who else can we shame into helping??

love,
February 10, 2017 12:18PM
Hey Dallas, we could get you into the kitchen I know you love playing with knives!
February 10, 2017 04:51PM
Hmmmmmmm. Why the hell not. Sign me up. I did so much KP in the Army that you'd thought that was my MOS.

Now about the knives. Is it play or is it practice? I've always thought it would be a lot more entertaining to cut vs shooting. Just can't do the time.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

Does this mean I am now alone in the kitchen?

Dallas
February 11, 2017 10:44AM
Dallas, you are an inspiration to us all, we need more excitedspinning smiley sticking its tongue out motivated paddlers like Dallas to step up to the plate and get some good ole volunteering done. We still have plenty of spots to fill up for the weekend, so, if you have not sighed up for a shift, get in, and get some eye popping smiley !!!
February 11, 2017 11:24AM
Tim and Ann Miller will be assisting with the Silent Auction Closeout.
Thanks!
February 12, 2017 07:12PM
Hi folks,
I just took a gander at the sign-up doc and am so relieved that so many of you have stepped up to volunteer!!! Thank you so much. There's plenty of time left to sign up for another shift or two or three.

Chief really needs some help at the front desk on Saturday from 7-9 p.m. This is generally the busiest time at the front desk. Lots of folks will be piling and filing through the front doors and we need our best and brightest to greet them.

Who's in??

Also, we need some dynamic kitchen workers both nights. Step right up!

Super stoked to see you all in less than one week at one of the greatest paddling fundraisers and events of the year!
All my heartfelt devotion,

love,
February 14, 2017 09:43AM
Please sign Linda Tribble and Richards Edwards up to man the silent auction on Saturday from 5:30-7. This is in addition to our shift with the silent auction set up on Friday.

Linda Tribble
859-229-4358
February 15, 2017 01:08PM
Hi folks,
We're hitting crunch time. Please take a moment to look at the schedule and sign up for a shift or two.
We really need some more help at the front desk on Saturday from 5:30-7 and most especially from 7-9. This is the busiest time for us.
It takes a village! Please!
Thanks!

love,
February 15, 2017 07:29PM
I'm happy to report that Cynthia stepped up to help Chief with the front desk on Saturday from 7-9. Thank you C6! You're my hero. You and Chief will be the best welcoming committee for that busy time slot!!!!!!!!!!!!

love,
February 18, 2017 10:32AM
Morning y'all! Big shout out and thanks to all the volunteers last night. Everything went smoothly.

We could really use some help at the front desk from 5:30-7 p.m. tonight. I just have one person signed up and it'll be a little overwhelming for just one person. If you can help out, please let me know.

Also, make sure to look and see what you've signed up for and try to show up to your shift on time.
Thanks so much to everyone who has volunteered and who plans on volunteering tonight!

love,
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.