Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RED RIVER CLEAN UP IS CANCELED thumbs down sad smiley

Posted by MeganP 
RED RIVER CLEAN UP IS CANCELED thumbs down sad smiley
May 13, 2016 09:33AM
Thank you to everyone who signed up and especially to Sam, who has already picked up the boat trailer.

The clean up is canceled due to high water. The level is at 700 cfs at the moment and will not recede to the maximum 150 before tomorrow.

I'll be trying to contact everyone who signed up to make sure they know, but if you know of someone who was planning to attend, please let them know.

Thanks again.

-MeganL
Re: RED RIVER CLEAN UP IS CANCELED thumbs down sad smiley
May 13, 2016 01:03PM
Rolling session, however, is ON. If you were planning on getting up early for the cleanup, consider switching gears and coming on out.

This is the next to last spring rolling session. With great levels and late spring boating in full swing, consider this:

Everybody wants a bombproof roll, but nobody wants to do the work.

If you've taken a swim lately, or if you're stepping up your game recently, or if you haven't been upside down in a looooong time and don't want to swim when you do (I'm looking at YOU generic hardcore boaters) then come on out and do some sets. There is no better way to keep yourself in the boat than to wear out your roll in the pool. Make that roll reflexive and ambidextrous. Practice underwater composure. Troubleshoot your roll. The rolling sessions can help.

Just do it.

_

Hanley Loller

"It's plum amazing what you can do when you damn well got no choice."
--Rickie Dale Larson
Re: RED RIVER CLEAN UP IS CANCELED thumbs down sad smiley
May 13, 2016 02:52PM
Masterful thread jacking, Hanley. I'm impressed.

-MeganL
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.